By MooCowMusic Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ever wanted a recording studio in the palm of your hand? Looptical is a complete music production solution for iPad and iPhone.
Record your musical ideas on the go and mix them into a finished track, or use them as the basis for a new project back at your studio. Create looped sections of music and combine them to form larger musical sections until you have a finished song. Going from an initial riff idea to full track is easy with Looptical. Then mix the track with comprehensive effects and fully automated mixer controls, or export the MIDI and component audio tracks to your DAW when back at the studio to take your song one step further.
- Play keys with a single or dual 128 key keyboard layout, complete with pitch/mod wheel.
- Use the Scale Keyboard to play scales effortlessly by sliding a finger up and down the screen.
- Strum your way through your own palette of chords with the Chord Guitar.
- Use the Latched Arpeggiator to turn simple chords into sequences of notes.
- Use Quantize to tidy up your performance, and Undo any mistakes.
GO FROM RIFF TO FULL SONG
- Songwriting in Looptical involves creating Loops: building blocks for a song that could be a one bar bassline, an 8 bar chorus, or a 100 bar indulgent guitar solo.
- Use the Loop Bank to combine, merge, repeat, and insert these Loops to form larger riffs, and ultimately a complete song.
- Use the Event List to perform mass edits of notes, such as tweaking velocity, quantize or transpose.
MIX THE TRACK
- Add and mix up to 24 stereo tracks with Looptical's Mixer.
- Add up to 5 Insert effects (Overdrive, Bit Crusher, Compressor, EQ, Filter, Chorus/Flanger, Phaser, Trance Gate, Delay) to each track, and a single Reverb Send effect.
- All mixer and effect parameters are automated and changes are recorded directly into the song.
ADD VOCALS AND GUITARS
- Record vocals with the iPad internal microphone or compatible audio interface and add your own effects with live monitoring.
- Control input with an intuitive preamp-style gain and noise gate.
INTERACT WITH OTHER APPS
- Record audio tracks directly from any Inter-App Audio (iOS7) Instrument app.
- Use Audiobus (requires purchase from third party) to send and receive live audio to other Audiobus-enabled apps.
MAKE YOUR OWN INSTRUMENTS
- If the 95 keyboard and 50 drum presets (including 600 individual drum hits) are not enough, create your own from scratch.
- Import samples via iTunes Shared Folder, from another iPad music app via the clipboard, or resample the current song.
- Effortlessly create an entire new instrument from a single sample, or add further samples for a multi-sampled instrument.
- Edit your sample to trim, chop, loop, amplify, fade or reverse sections.
- Export your instrument to use again, or even share with others via the Looptical forum.
USE AN EXTERNAL KEYBOARD
- Plug in an iPad-compatible MIDI keyboard and you can break out of the iPad screen and compose using a full hardware piano keyboard.
- Play drum parts by assigning piano keys to each pad, or effortlessly noodle a solo by playing the Scale Piano from the major keys.
- Assign spare MIDI controllers such as Pan or Modulation to directly control automation parameters in Looptical insert effects.
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE
- Visit looptical.com and listen to some of the amazing demo tracks created with Looptical.
- Watch video tutorials on using Looptical.
- Download the full instruction manual to read at your leisure.
- Discuss Looptical with other users in our forum and see what they've been doing with the app.
What's New in Version 1.1.6
Fixed an issue when running on iPhone6S.
Exceptional and inspiring for writing
Don't let the name fool you, this app is so, so much more than a "looper".
It's a full music production environment. Loaded with great samples, effects, and advanced automation capabilities.
You can add your own audio tracks, whether it be with the built in mic, audiobus, inter-app audio, or a professional audio interface.
One outstanding feature that sets it apart is the ease in creating your own instruments from other apps, or recording directly into it. The built in editor for creating your own custom sounds is very easy to navigate.
I've completed over 2 complete albums worth of material with this app at the heart of my portable studio setup.
It's probably the best money I've ever spent on an app.
If it had assignable midi channels per track, that feature would, for me, make it a 5 star app... The ability to auto-slice and assign samples would also be extremely useful!
Alot for $4.99
You usually don't expect a lot in a music making app for $4.99 But this takes things to a whole new level of awesomeness💯
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 07, 2015
- Version: 1.1.6
- Size: 669 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MooCowMusic Ltd.
- © MooCowMusic Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.