Tunable: Tuner, Metronome, and Recorder
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
◆ "The best tuner, metronome, and recorder on iOS and a pitch-perfect bargain for any musician." — MacLife ◆
"A versatile swiss army knife of music apps" — Gizmodo
"Tunable shows musicians what pitch-perfect means as they play." — Engadget
"Tunable doesn't just tell you how you sound -- it shows you." — FastCoDesign
Join 700,000+ other musicians using Tunable and turn your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch into the best chromatic tuner, tone & chord generator, metronome, and recorder — so you can learn to play steadily, in tune, and on beat anywhere you go. Featuring a unique “tuning history” display for visualizing pitch over time and easy to use metronome and recorder, Tunable is the perfect toolkit for beginning to professional musicians.
◆ Learn to play in tune with sustained pitch history
Visualize how steadily you play or sing. As notes are held out, a white line draws how steady the pitch is. The straighter the line, the more consistent the pitch.
◆ Improve your ear with tone and chord generator
Need a reference tone or chord? Use the tone and chord generator to play and sustain chords with various tone options. Choose from different temperaments to hear how they compare.
◆ Keep tempo with an accurate and simple metronome
See the pulse with a visual metronome. View subdivision and current beat, with a large display and (optional) visual flash.
◆ Record and share
Record your practice and performances. Add reverb for a professional sound. Share recordings through e-mail, SoundCloud, Dropbox and more.
• Large, colorful tuning indicator clearly shows when in tune (green fills the screen)
• Clear, visual tuner with note, octave, cents (+\-), and frequency (hz) display
• Tuning history to see how well you’re sustaining notes over time
• Especially suited for wind instruments and strings with note detection from Tuba to Piccolo (24hz to 15khz+)
• Horizontal and vertical tuning displays
• Adjustable A=440 reference tone
• Change between equal, just, pythagorean, and 18 other tuning temperaments
Tone and Chord Generator
• Chromatic Tone Generator with multiple tone options and sustain
• Play and sustain chords
• Auto Octave rounding for easy note access
• Large number display with visual flash to see the downbeat, subdivision, and pulse
• Adjust tempo, beats per measure, and subdivision
• Select from over 30 metronome sounds
• See tempo markings to quickly jump between standard tempos
• Tempo Tap (tap metronome center to set a tempo)
• Continues to play when screen is locked or in the background
• Record and save unlimited recordings
• Share recordings through e-mail, SoundCloud, DropBox, and more
• Highly accurate and responsive
• Transpose notes to any instrument
• AppleTV/AirPlay mirroring to an HDMI projector or TV on iPad2, iPhone4S, iPhone5
• Background Audio enables the metronome to continue playing when the screen is locked or closed.
• Dark and light themes
Tunable is especially great for wind and string instruments including:
• Guitar, Ukelele
• Piccolo, Flute
• Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon
• Eb, Bb/A Soprano Clarinet, Bass Clarinet
• Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Baritone Saxophone
• Trumpet and Cornet
• French Horn
• Tenor and Bass Trombone
• Euphonium and Tuba
• Violin, Viola, Chello, and Bass
For the latest updates and to connect with the Tunable community:
• Follow @AffinityBlue on Twitter
• Become a fan of Tunable on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AffinityBlue
What's New in Version 2.0.8
Fixed a bug where Response Speed was not correctly being saved.
Enjoying Tunable? Please help by kindly rating and reviewing this version. It really helps us!
Ukuleles are nearly impossible to tune
This app shows you just how many pitches your ukulele string is putting out when you hit it. No wonder tuning by ear hardly ever gives a good result. This multifaceted display shows you all the kinds of out of tune you are. Once you know you can get each string to show up close to the middle you can fool the listening ear into thinking the pitches are really in tune, when this sensitive app makes it clear that they are not!
Great tuner & metronome
Love this app, use it all the time in my practice (I'm a professional flute player). Adjust precision of tuner based on level, drone tones, built in metronome, this app is worth well more than it costs! Just one issue I've noticed is that on my iPhone 5s sometimes, it doesn't recognize the built in mic(s). If I turn off input and then turn it on again, it usually recognizes the right mic and then it's fine. This hasn't happened on my iPad though.
Super Useful and well designed
This app has been my go-to for a long time. I've tried other tuner apps, paid and free, but this one seems to reach that sweet spot for of ease of use and good design. It's a perfect companion for songwriters and pro musicians alike. It has all the tools you would expect in a good tuner, but on top of that there's features that can help you fine-tune (no pun intended) your instrument and playing skills.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 17, 2017
- Version: 2.0.8
- Size: 36.3 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Seth Sandler
- © AffinityBlue
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.