I learn cursive writing - Audio, visual & verbal method
By Jean-Laurent de Morlhon
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Serpodile offers a new method for learning cursive writing by decomposing the 26 letters of the alphabet in 13 basic shapes (circle, candy cane...) using visual and audio directions.
Each screen includes :
* A colorful frame to help children orient themselves in space (ground, sky, beginning/green, ending/red )
* A letter or a basic shape
* Verbal instructions to draw the letter or basic shape
* A green arrow showing where to start and a red dot showing where to stop
* A carefully crafted minimalistic interface helps children stay focused. Even the interface hide itself during drawing.
The drawing direction is checked by the app. While the drawing is not done correctly, the child is corrected until he succeeds.
This method has been build and tested by occupational therapists (OT). This method is particularly adapted for children having disabilities like dyspraxia and autism, but is of course of great help for children just trying to learn to write cursive letters.
This application is a digital version of an existing writing method available as erasable workbooks at http://serpodile.com.
In our opinion, your privacy matters more than some marketing statistics. This app does not contain any sort of tracking code, nor does it collect nor transmit any data on the usage of our app. This app does not contain in-app purchase.
What's New in Version 1.2
Brand new clearer, crispier designs for all letters
The start of some letters have been enhanced (especially v,w,y & u), following the new serpodile worksheets lineup for 2014
Letters are now ordered by difficulty. Easiest letter first, and all letters sharing the same gesture together (a, o and d for instance are grouped together)
For an easiest learning curve and to let the child work in autonomy, the drawing directions are now checked.
And more :
* The app is now hybrid, iPad and iPhone. Specific iPhone letter design adapted for the reduced screen surface)
* You can sort letters by alphabetical order if needed.
*All green arrows on letters are now more readable
* The interface hides itself during drawing.
* New sounds for double shapes like (w and m)
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 21, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Jean-Laurent de Morlhon
- © 2013 - 2014 Serpodile.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.