Imgur Pocket Pro
By Spencer Villars
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A comprehensive app for browsing the gallery, commenting, voting, replying, uploading, and saving photos.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
Needs A Few Tweaks
1. Allow rotate for landscape view: some pictures are difficult to see unless "Enlarge" is used. If rotate for landscape were possible, "Enlarge" wouldn't be needed as much. For posts that have several small pictures, it's monotonous to have to click each picture to enlarge them.
2. Long GIF's are a little slow, much like viewing them on a mobile browser. Their memory usage seems to linger even after swiping to the next image or two.
3. Swiping should be more instant, as opposed to having to wait for the image to load before going to the next one.
4. Can't swipe to next image when finger is on an animating gif. Needs fixing.
5. Can't save gifs
6. Text box disappears behind keyboard when giving title when submitting images to the public gallery
I got this app when it was a buck, or however much, with no ads. After getting a new phone and re-downloading, I have to see the ads again, it doesn't remember that I paid for this. :( My only other beef is that after a while the app ends up taking up a metric s**-ton of space, over 2gb on my 16gb phone was quite unacceptable. I have uninstalled and re-downloaded again, because of my crippling imgur addiction, but what on earth was it keeping track of, that took up so much space? Besides the landscape thing, I'd like to be able to copy links to images I upload via mobile so I can reply to comments with new pictures more easily.
Some awesome; some SUK!
The look and function seems to be much better, but you cannot save subreddits to a list. Nearly worthless without this function. You have to remember and type them in every single time without misspelling them on your phone. Your favorites and your one-ups are not saved. When you go back to the subreddit they're all gone and evidently there is no way to go view your favorites either. Complete and total failure on these points. If I've simply not figured out how to do these thing, please let me know how. If that is the case then how stupid is that the hide those functions. It seems like to me that new app was launched just a little too soon; like they're not quite finished with it.