Pattern Artist Free - Easily Create Patterns, Wallpaper and Abstract Art
By Kevin Brain
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Create Art. Even if you can't draw. ***
Pattern Artist is a unique and fun app for quickly creating beautiful custom repeating patterns and abstract art. Even if you don't consider yourself an artist, with Pattern Artist, you can be! Use it to make wallpapers, website backgrounds (including Facebook, Twitter and Flickr home pages), calendars, custom photo frames, pattern resources for other art programs, or just because you love making art!
Pattern Artist is not a painting app but a novel template-based approach to creating captivating designs. The basics are simple - you will likely create your first design in just a few minutes - yet it has the capability and flexibility to be a serious art creation tool.
If you want a unique background for your mobile device or your website, Pattern Artist provides a refreshing alternative to all the "wallpaper gallery" apps you've used. Rather than browsing through pages of pre-built backgrounds to find a wallpaper that appeals to you, why not create a customized background pattern with the design, colors, textures and scaling that appeals to your artistic tastes and/or design requirements?
Download Pattern Artist Free to discover just how fun creating artistic patterns can be. The free version of the app allows you to try out all the features of Pattern Artist, limiting only the number of templates and color schemes provided, the number of custom color schemes you can create, and the quality (output resolution) of some of the tools.
- powerful color selection tools for accurately choosing colors
- built-in palette of textures to add a detailed "finishing touch" to your pattern
- add text labels to images. Save labels for easy reuse
- post to Instagram, including managing/assigning hashtags
- build a collection of custom color schemes entirely within the app, or import color schemes created externally
- create calendars or frame photos using any of your created patterns directly in the app
- library and slideshow for displaying your artistic creations
- Airplay support (e.g. view the full repeating pattern on your Apple TV while zoomed-in to edit)
- export patterns to iPhoto for use as home screen or lock screen wallpaper
- send patterns via email, print, or copy via pasteboard into other art apps
- print "line-only" version of patterns for hand coloring with crayons, pastels, markers, paint, etc.
- share to Facebook and Twitter (iOS 6 only).
- supports both landscape and portrait use on iPad
See a gallery of samples on Flickr: http://flickr.com/photos/patternartist
or on Instagram: http://Instagram.com/patternartist
What's New in Version 3.2
Many more fonts (both system and third party) to use when adding text to your artwork (or photos), a new option for selecting single character text masks, flip text, create unlabelled calendars, and bugs fixes
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 20, 2014
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Brain
- © 2012-2014, Kevin Brain
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.