By Verizon Wireless
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Personalize Your Conversations - Customize the background with your photos, built in themes, fonts, colors, signatures and even conversation tones.
- Wi-Fi Extended coverage – Send and receive messages over Extended Wi-Fi from your smartphone, iOS device, tablet, PC, Mac and web browser.
- Glympse™ your location – Glympse™ lets people You choose follow your location on a map. Perfect for finding each other in big places like concerts, amusement parks and shopping centers, meeting up, or letting people know you’re running late.
- Photo Editor and Collage Creator – Personalize and transform your photos and collages into beautiful or funny pictures using filters, wacky stickers and much more
- Web Image Search – Easily search images on the web to send
- Smart Emoji – Express yourself through colorful Emoji’s by tapping on keywords when composing messages.
- Sent and Received Media - Easily find sent and received photos, videos, gift cards, links and attachments from all your conversations or specific conversations
- eGifting – Sending a gift is easier than ever – simply text to send a Starbucks eGift Card to say “Thanks”, “Happy Birthday” or “Let’s meet at Starbucks”.
- The #1 used messaging application by NBA & NFL fans during the Game*
*Verizon Messages is the #1 Used Application by NBA & NFL fans during the Games (based on average screen time per user in minutes)
“Best of Show” at CTIA 2013 in Emerging Technology category
What's New in Version 1.5.3
* Bug fixes
Helpful when phone cannot upload
This app has become a helpful tool in ending testing frustrations. While visiting my mother, my phone can receive text messages but responding to them is another story. Getting the phone to connect to a tower enough to send a text means me having to walk well out into the yard and up or down the street until I get the 4g LTE signal.
Now I can send texts and pics using the wifi signal in my mom's house. If you are going to be somewhere your phone does really connect to a tower, and text messages are important, download this app.
Messages not showing up in order
I have been using this app as my main form of communication since I'm living overseas for 6 months. And in general, this app has been good. But very frequently, I would get a notification, then open the app and see nothing. This got to be incredibly frustrating!! I finally found out that messages will be received, but will be placed at the very top of the message thread. Verizon, if you read this, I noticed that when I long press on those messages and click info, there is nothing in the "received" section. This may be why they are sorting incorrectly. Please try and fix this issue! Then the app would be worth 5 stars!
Good idea but not complete
If this app fully synced "both" directions with the phone it would be great. But it doesn't sync outgoing messages sent from another device or computer to the built in text thread on the phone. And I believe old texts within this app are only saved 90 days. Those two items take a potential 5 star app to zero. If used for business, anything less than a full sync and control over when messages are deleted make the app useless and unreliable. If using just for fun, there are many other better messengers that have no tie in to Verizon. Seems like an easy fix to make without forcing users to change the default native texting app on the phone.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Dec 21, 2014
- Version: 1.5.3
- Size: 37.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Verizon Wireless
- © Verizon Wireless
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.