By Boris Blank
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Yellofier makes anything into music. Record your voice, a musical instrument or everyday noises. Within seconds the app magically turns them into groovy music.
#1 in Music (iPad) in 8 countries, top 10 in 50 countries.
Top 5 in 3 countries (iPhone).
Edit the sounds and effects by moving and twisting colored blocks. Yellofier doesn’t look like any other music program. You can create a full song within minutes – even without knowing anything about music!
Create unique music with your own sounds and with the sounds of Yello’s musical maestro Boris Blank. The Yellofier also includes sounds and songs by some of the greatest musicians within electronic music. Anything can be yellofied!
• Automatically slice your sound into 8 pieces and create a groove
• Record up to 16 custom sounds per song, divided into two user sound banks
• Combine sounds and effects in an innovative step sequencer
• Change pitch of each step to create melodies
• Multiple effects and variations
• Share your work
• 48 bundled sounds by Boris Blank
• Songs and sounds by the finest artists within electronic music: Carl Craig, Henrik Schwarz, The Orb, Trentemøller, Booka Shade, Orbital, The The, Thomas Fehlmann, Charles Webster, Håkan Lidbo and more…
• Record the sound of other Audiobus compatible apps
• Play back the sound into other Audiobus compatible apps
For best sound, use headphones.
NOTE: Since version 1.2, the preview-sound function changed from single tap to long-press! So the functionality is not gone, but we changed to long-press to not interfere with the music.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE FOR iOS7 USERS: ***
If you are running iOS7, the app can sometimes go silent and not produce any sound. If this happens, double-tap the home button to enter the multi-task view, scroll to Yellofier and swipe it upwards out of the screen. Then start Yellofier again, and it should make sound again. Sorry for the inconvenience, we hope that Apple will fix this issue as soon as possible.
The demo tracks in Yellofier are under copyright protection.
Learn more about Yellofier and discover more of Yello’s music at yello.com
Produced by Boris Blank
Developed by Jonatan Liljedahl
Designed by Håkan Ullberg
Concept by Håkan Lidbo
Presented by Electronic Beats – Telekom’s international music program.
Here is an online tutorial video: http://vimeo.com/62158758
What's New in Version 1.3
• Two additional sound banks by Boris Blank!
• Updated Audiobus SDK
• Updated SoundCloud SDK
More than meets the eye
You can import using audio/copy/paste loops and do save as to keep using the same patterns with different loops. You can set the tempo, rotate the squares and make them lighter to vary effects and volume respectively. Run it through an effects app in Audiobus and you can come up with some interesting beats and grooves.
You can use just about any sort of sound to come up with some interesting results.
It's a little TOO simple...
Nice for quick fun, but needs a little more under the hood to be even considered more than a toy.
Just  features to add:
1) Add the ability to save your own custom, multiple libraries of 8 samples. It's limiting to only have 1 library of 8 samples of your own for each song.
2) Add the ability to import samples from outside the app to make custom sample libraries.
If you did this, it would make the app not just super easy to do 4/4 time songs, but very powerful in the hands of more pro-minded song writers. If it had this ability now, I'd be praising this app and giving it 5 stars.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 19, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 32.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Datasound AG
- © 2013 Boris Blank / YELLO®
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.