Nobeltec TimeZero Marine Navigation
By MaxSea International
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Picking routes, waypoints, and marks on the TZ screen always seem easy and I always seem to find whatever option I might need." Ben Ellison, Panbo.com
"If you're a basic coastal cruiser this app will be a great addition to your Marine navigation tool box." Mark Messerli, i-marineapps.blogspot.com
Nobeltec TimeZero is the ultimate App for marine navigation. More than 95.000 customers around the world already trust TimeZero!
Nobeltec TimeZero is a marine navigation App specially designed for coastal sailors with the most cutting-edge and useful tools & data needed.
Thanks to the outstanding TimeZero technology and PhotoFusion feature, Nobeltec’s marine chart App has a powerful 3D chart engine allowing you to scroll, zoom and rotate the MapMedia Raster charts in no time.
ROBUST TECHNOLOGY & DATA
• 2D/3D chart display engine
• Complete navigation functions in full 2D/3D
• Patented PhotoFusion technology
• MapMedia Raster mm3d charts
• Your position on the chart
• Course (COG)
• Speed (SOG)
• Real-time weather and weather trends
• Tides and tidal currents
• Plot your position in real-time on the most accurate Raster marine charts thanks to the built-in geolocation features of your iPad (GPS and/or WiFi);
• Easily create waypoints and routes;
• Keep as much as 50 routes and display them easily at any time;
• Overlay complete tidal information (tide heights and tidal currents) directly on the chart;
• Thanks to PhotoFusion, overlay satellite photos for a perfect understanding of the coast line;
• Configure your NavData panel to keep on screen the specific instrument readings that are most useful to you: COG, SOG, Pos, Accu., CTS, NEXT, TTG, DTW, XTE, VMC, ETA, TTA, DTA, Weather;
• Navigate instantly to a waypoint (Go-To tool);
• Choose the chart orientation (Course-Up or North-Up), go back instantly to your vessel (Center On vessel) and switch from 2D to a 3D full view in just one click;
• Undo/Redo feature, don’t worry about doing mistakes;
• Share your position and comments on Facebook.
The ultimate App for marine navigation.
Important Notice: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.3.1
Crash due to new iOS 7 behavior fixed.
The charts downloaded flawlessly and I connect to GPS via bad elf with no problems. The charts show exactly where wrecks and reefs are. When running there is no connection to any internet and this works great. My primary GPS is a Lowrance HDS 7 but it is great to have this mounted next to it then I can switch the Lowrance to fish finder and use this as primary gps without having to use a split screen. Have been out as far as 40 miles off shore in the Gulf of Mexico and have not had a problem. Well worth the price
A new way to navigate
I have a hard time understanding all the hate towards this app. I haven't experienced any of the chart downloading issues that some complain about. So far I find this to be a very innovative approach to navigation, it adds a lot to your situational awareness. If they could add AIS information it would be a complete solution.
Useless for anglers or divers
This may be an OK (though expensive) app for guiding cruisers to charted targets they can see as they approach. Unfortunately, it is useless to fishermen, divers, and anyone else wanting to position their boat precisely at spots not visible from the surface, such as an unmarked reef or wreck. There is no way to create a waypoint from coordinates you may have for such sites, or even save your actual coordinates to return once you've been there. Hard to believe any GPS software would lack these basic capabilities.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 27, 2013
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 38.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MaxSea International
- © 2013 Nobeltec Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Raster Charts NOAA U.S.A. Mega Wide$39.99
- Raster Charts Canada Mega Wide$49.99
- Raster Charts Caribbean Mega Wide$49.99
- Raster Charts Mediterranean Sea - West Wide$49.99
- Raster Charts Mediterranean Sea - East Wide$49.99
- Raster Charts Mediterranean Sea - Central Wide$49.99
- Raster Charts Europe West Wide$49.99
- Raster Charts English Channel Hamburg$49.99
- Raster Charts United Kingdom Wide$49.99