It's the game The New York Times called a "Sensation," and Cosmopolitan said "will be the best dollar you've spent." Heads Up! is the fun and hilarious game from Ellen DeGeneres that she plays on her show, and you can play with your friends!
From naming celebrities, to singing, to silly accents -- guess the word on the card that’s on your head from your friends' clues before the timer runs out!
Play one of the many exciting categories, or create a category all your own!
- Play with one friend, or one hundred at the same time.
- Draw a new card simply by tilting your phone.
- Keep videos of your hilarious game play for your own amusement, or share them right to Facebook.
- Diverse categories let you challenge your smartypants friends and entertain your kids for hours, all from one app!
With 40+ themed decks packed to the brim with exciting gameplay cards, the fun will never stop!
- And lots more!
Game-nighters, your app is here.
We’ve fixed some bugs and made some improvements. As always, send any feedback or love notes to firstname.lastname@example.org!
We're celebrating our 5th Anniversary with some fun new decks and updates!
Play our new FREE #trending deck, the deck that's always packed with the most buzzworthy people, places, phrases, and more!
Check out our new Mystery Deck and play a different deck for free each week of the celebration!
Check out our Anniversary bundle for a great deal on your favorite decks!
More improvements and performance enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Created by Ellen DeGeneres, this riotous game-night challenge reinvents charades for the app generation. Pick a category, then hold your device up to your head, screen facing outward, and guess the words using your friends’ clues. Several categories are included, with many more available as In-App Purchases. Best of all, you can record and share videos of your friends’ increasingly frantic efforts to clue you in. Heads Up! puts a fun, fast-paced party starter in your pocket.
Limited Time Longer Rounds?
**With this update, there are now longer 90-second rounds! That sounds like an awesome idea and I can’t wait to try it with my friends. Why must this option be a limited time offering? It would be awesome to have more options — I’m thinking 120 seconds as well as a 30 second option — not to just have 90 seconds for “a limited time”. Oh well.**
Heads Up is one of my favorite games to play with my friends as it’s always a ton of fun. I have purchased quite a few decks that match my interests and those of some of my friends, in an attempt to have a well-rounded selection for them to choose from… and so far it’s been really good, but I unfortunately think I need to purchase a few more to make the selection better as some of my friends can never find a deck they really want to play.
Custom decks are amazing! My only complaint there is that you have to pay 99¢ for each one of them… and I’m not about to do that, especially when there are so many other decks that I’d rather buy than duplicates of the same blank DIY deck.
Fun game, bad app
1. This is an incredibly fun game to play with friends and strangers alike! It’s super fun for parties and I try to play it any down time I can with friends.
2. New content is always being added, leaving a reason to come back.
1. While I do enjoy the free packs, the “advertisement” packs are so basic and “brainwashing” that they aren’t that fun to play. I paid for this app, don’t advertise to me.
1. This is what one of the worst optimized apps I have ever downloaded(iPhone 6, iOS 11). I own 90% of the packs. Every time I open the app, it takes so long to open. On top of that, the game lags when choosing your pack, starting a new game, or even registering pass or correct(if it registers at all). Archiving the packs I do not use do not fix this problem. Don’t even get me started on the crashes. The worst part is I feel these problems are somewhat recent because I remember a time it ran better. It’s a shame the app is so frustrating to use, I would only recommend it if these problems are fixed.
2. Say goodbye to your battery life.
3. Warner Bros. made this game, the most greedy game company of them all. I probably have more against them than you do so don’t let this hold you back.
- Warner Bros. Entertainment
- 107 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2013 Telepictures Productions Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Adult Supervision $0.99
- Just For Kids Free
- Happy Holidays Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.