Argus - Calorie Counter & Activity Tracker for Heart Healthy Diet & Living
By Azumio Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As featured on 2016 Apple Watch Commercial 'Chase' with Nick Jonas, USA Today, CNN, TechCrunch, Gizmodo and many others, Argus is the BEST all-in-one health & fitness app in the WORLD. Download Argus now and join the world’s LARGEST social fitness community. MILLIONS are already benefitting every day by setting lifestyle goals, conquering them, and sharing their progress along the way!
WHY ARGUS IS THE BEST HEALTH & FITNESS APP IN THE WORLD
- 100% FREE – we believe that leading a healthy lifestyle should be accessible to everyone!
- 100% INTEGRATED – Argus uses only your phone!
- 100% EFFECTIVE - MILLIONS of users worldwide have seen DRASTIC improvements in their physique and emotional well-being!
- HEALTHKIT SUPPORT
FEATURES OF THE BEST HEALTH & FITNESS APP IN THE WORLD
- ADVANCED SLEEP TRACKER – track your sleeping habits and use our proprietary algorithm to wake you up at your lightest stage of sleep!
- WORLD-CLASS HEART RATE MONITOR – visualize your waveform with the tip of your finger and your phone’s camera!
- 24/7 STEP PEDOMETER – tracks all your steps with our efficiently engineered ultra-low battery usage technology (10x more energy efficient than leading competitors!)
- MULTI-ACTIVITY GPS TRACKER – track running, cycling, climbing, and more!
- ULTIMATE CALORIE COUNTER– Argus has an EXTRTEMELY ACCURATE calorie counter along with the most extensive food database in the world, ideal for weight watchers, paleo dieters, Atkins dieters, and more.
- IN-DEPTH HEALTH CHARTS AND ANALYSIS – track what you’re doing right and what you could be doing better!
- CUTTING-EDGE BARCODE SCANNER – instantly log all your foods by taking a snap of a barcode!
- PERSONALIZED WEIGHT-LOSS PLANS – set your weight-loss goal, sit back and relax as Argus calculates your calorie intake!
- HD VIDEO WORKOUTS – Do Yoga, Pilates, Stretching, Squats, Pushups, Deadlifts, Bench presses, and more!
- CHALLENGES – invite friends and family with challenges to motivate each other in a fun way
- LEARN MORE – get exclusive access to our blogs and learn tips & tricks on how to improve your nutrition, weight, fitness and health!
- MORE TO COME – enjoy new features the second they’re released! We constantly strive to make Argus the best free health & fitness app in the world.
What's New in Version 5.22
Another amazing update to help our Argonauts live healthier and happier!
- Your resting heart rate when you wake up is a good indication of your general health, now, after a sleep session, Argus will automatically check your RHR if you'd like
- Argus Premium User? It now shows on your profile picture
- Modified newsfeed and settings profile
- Friends search optimizations
- Hashtag display improvements
- Insights now has a calendar view for your convenience
- Lots of under the hood improvements and bug fixes
I gave this app 4 stars because there are a few improvements I think could be made.
I use the free version of this app without the subscription. This works pretty well for my needs. Also it seems to pull step info only from the Fitbit app and other apps pretty well also. There is a bit of a lag at times for counting steps throughout the day, but overall seems fairly accurate.
Sadly, there is no good way to add additional steps taken when I leave my phone on the counter or desk somewhere.
Also the ads that come up every time you input something is a bit annoying. This is something other apps I've used don't do as much.
The notifications for subscribing to the service also comes up very frequent and is quite expensive given what is offered.
Finally, when I used other apps, it was much easier to add food items for calorie counting. I travel often and currently live outside of the US, so it is difficult to count calories using this system. As the bar codes aren't recognized and it is not as easy to add your own nutrition info as in the MyPlate app.
Overall it's a good app, but they should reduce the fees and maybe increase the app functionality more to get paying customers. I will only be using the free version for now.
Good App -- Requires 'Discipline'
I really like that this app syncs with several others, especially "Sleep Time", that I regularly use! It is a very good, comprehensive app -- one that, if properly and consistently used, can provide the user with some very useful data. Unfortunately, my life is so erratic, I routinely forget to enter simple things -- like water consumption for the day! By the time I 'remember', it's past midnight and my profile looks like I've not had any water for the previous day! One change I'd like to see is the ability to enter info for, at least, the immediate previous day. That way, when I go to bed (between 1:00 a.m. - 3:00 a.m.), I can catch up on my entries from the previous day. Other than than that 'complaint', I am basically satisfied with the app and feel it's an excellent choice for anyone truly into 'fitness'. 👍🏽💯👍🏽
The only app I need
I have been using this app for 9 months. It is the first fitness app I ever downloaded. For various reasons I downloaded at least three other apps and always stay with it.
The interface is clean, intuitive and visually appealing. Recently they added a number of enhancements and an Apple Watch app that makes it even more user friendly.
The app taps to HealthKit and so your data is accessible from other related health apps. That also makes it more accurate and efficient than other apps that instead replicate the HealthKit functionality. That translates into better battery life, better data privacy and overall better performance to you.
Then there is the community. You will make good friends on this app. Friends that will encourage you to push beyond what you thought was possible and to conciser activities you would probably not try yourself. They are just very positive and happy people.
I love this app and I recommend it to anybody looking for some help to achieve their fitness goals. Share the love and see you in Argus.
Three months later, I still love the app... 😃👊
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Mar 30, 2016
- Version: 5.22
- Size: 97.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Azumio Inc.
- © 2015 Azumio Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Azumio Premium$4.99
- Azumio Premium$29.99
- Azumio Premium$8.99
- Azumio Premium$9.99
- Azumio Premium$39.99
- Azumio Premium$18.99