ARGUS - Motion and Fitness Tracker by Azumio
By Azumio Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
24/7 Steps and active Calorie counter, GPS mapping of Running, Cycling and Driving; keeping track of Water, Coffee and Tea intake; snapping photos of meals in one click. Featured in USA Today, CNN, TechCrunch, Gizmodo and many others.
Argus turns your iPhone into a sophisticated health and fitness device as it monitors and manages your activities, food, workouts, sleep, hydration, weight and vitals, helping you make sense of numerous bio-feedback data points to reach your health goals and improve overall well-being.
Argus is designed to harness every aspect of mobile computing to monitor your lifestyle without compromising your privacy. Argus is engineered for minimal power consumption and run 24/7 in the background. However continued use of GPS running in the background can significantly decrease battery life.
- Daily Steps and active Calorie counter
- GPS mapping of Running, Cycling and Driving
- Creates Food diary of all your meals with food photo snapping
- Set daily goals for Steps, Sleep time and Hydration
- Observe trends over time with all variables to track wellness
- Uses Instant Fitness for your home workouts
- Uses Sleep Time to monitor your sleep cycles
- Uses Instant Heart Rate to monitor your heart beats
- Built in support of third party wearable devices and health apps
- M7 support to save battery time on iPhone 5S
With an intuitive, eye-catching interface, Argus allows you to get a snapshot of your daily activity. Timeline is organized in a honeycomb structure that allow easy aggregation of your data and detailed views. You can tap once on a cell to get more information. You can tap and hold for 2 seconds to get the aggregated views of your inputs. Smart gesture - tilt iPhone 180 degrees back and forth to add water.
Enjoy Argus - your ultimate health and fitness companion.
*Argus is best used with an iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c.
What's New in Version 2.8.67
- iOS6 related crash fix
Great app, best out there, but could be better
Outstanding app. I expected to hate the user interface, but wound up loving it. Intuitive, meaningful, fun. Very helpful to see everything in one place. I especially love the photos of my food as a way to track. Most of all, I love using my m7 rather than shelling out for a Fitbit.
A few things are missing:
1. Graphs only work well for one variable at a time. For comparing variables, they're using the same graphs which hides lots of info. Scatter plots are needed. Also, weight change per time period should be an option, not just weight itself.
2. They have a really neat set of hex tile options, and they've obviously worked hard on them. However, we are all individuals. There end to be two user-defined hex types which we can then further specify. One should be orange, for something that' sad for you. The other should be green. Both should be specifiable by the user and then saved so they appear in the list. Both should work just like the water hex: +1 when tapped.
3. Other missing hexes: took medicine, climbed a flight of stairs, strength training.
4. Should link into a good existing calorie counter system rather than building one. Would suggest Calorie Counter.
5. Allow slow increase of steps-per-day goal to a new max. For instance, add 100 steps each day until goal is 10,000 per day.
Great start, looking forward to the updates. Very excited to see a great app and active development team!
Best fitness app, but
This is my favorite fitness app, but it's missing a few things. What makes it so great is the simple but nice UI, and the only thing that would make it better would be linking more apps to it. I thought the idea of having a ton of apps that link into 1 was dumb.. Why not just have an all in one app? Because that would get insanely messy. With Argus I can download all of their other apps, shove them into a folder I don't have to look at, then use just Argus to add and organize everything.
What it's missing is a calorie counter. I love that you can physically see what you've eaten, but my goodness there needs to be a calorie counter. There always needs to be a calorie counter, and they had one, but it's crap and extremely outdated regardless.
Setting goals for more than just step and water would be cool, too.
If they ever were to create a calorie app, it would be nice if it connected to a recipe site that actually has calorie counts on their recipes. I still can't find a good app for that.
I basically just want an all in one app hahah
Pretty Awesome... But I'd Like to See More
3-3-14. When are we going to see another update? This app was great about updating every month. Haven't seen an update since December. :(
This app is pretty neat! I just love it so far. I really like how it also works with other apps and puts all your health information and data in one spot. Just Amazing! Two things I have a complaint about... If I enter a workout manually, I have not found a way to enter notes about the activity or a way to enter calories burned. Second thing, food diary is great but I wish this app would sync with another app or install a way for you to record data about that food such as calories and nutritional information! When those things change... Then a definite 5 stars from me! Suggestion... Sync with My Fitness Pal... They have a great app for tracking food and nutritional info!
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 31, 2013
- Version: 2.8.67
- Size: 23.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, Slovenian
- Seller: Azumio Inc.
- © 2013 Azumio Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.