Listacular for Dropbox - Rapid notes, lists and to-do's with plaintext
By Andrew McKinney
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
# Featured on Lifehacker, Mac Life & App Advice #
Rapidly create lists and notes, sync them with Dropbox and share with others. Listacular's streamlined interface allows you to create to-do's, bullet point outlines and simple text notes a fluidly as you think.
Listacular saves your lists to Dropbox in simplified text markdown, so you can update or add new lists from anywhere. You can collaborate with others over shared Dropbox folders: two people can work on the same list at the same time and changes will be intelligently merged together.
- Untethered Dropbox sync (optional)
- Works with TaskPaper and nvALT formats
- Set due dates and alerts
- Create sub-folders and organize your lists/notes
- Collaborate with others the same list
- Share your lists via Dropbox or Email
- Save your lists in easy-to-use .txt format
Listacular provides 3 lists for free. If you'd like more, there is a one-time upgrade fee to get unlimited lists.
What's New in Version 1.45
- Improved performance, especially for those with large files/lots of files
- Improved sync
- Usability improvements while editing notes
- Various bug fixes
If you like the app please rate it, even if you've already rated it in the past. This really helps others see the value of Listacular, and allows me to continue working on it.
Abandoned Droplist for mo' $$?
When going into any list everything moves quick and smooth, but scrolling the "list of lists" is still maddening broken, only slightly better than the last update - still stutters, lags, and hangs.
So I broke down and bought this awhile ago and it works pretty well. But two things bug me (one of which now appears to be fixed in 1.40):
1. This 1.40 update is extremely laggy on my 4s, to the point of being barely useable. I've closed the app from background and restarted my phone, but it's still sedated. It takes about 5 seconds for the splash screen to disappear and 5-6 more seconds before I can scroll my lists.
2. Why do we have to tap three times to clear "Untitled" from a new list? Why not add a button to clear it or just leave it blank? I emailed the developer months ago about this, but all I got in response was nothing.
3. When creating a new list, if you try to view it in plain text before saving it you can kiss that list goodbye. (this looks to be fixed now).
I bought Droplist a few years ago and it worked beautifully - and was Universal for both iPhone and iPad. So that becomes abandonware and now we get this, from the same developer, which does essentially the same thing... but for another $3. I don't think so. I wonder if this app will make it to ver 2 before being abandoned.
Great app - just what our family needed!
This is a great app that our family was looking for for a long time! It is very simple yet pretty functional and adds a lot to our household's productivity (really). Synchs with Dropbox are idiot-proof. Everyone you give your Dropbox credentials can share, add and edit your, now, common lists. Wish there was a cal like this... Btw, I'd even pay $0.99 for this app since we use it so much. This ver doesn't have ads, though. Anyway, thanks for creating this app and making it simple and easy to use!
I love this app. It's like a better version of Clear (formatting, reminders, etc).
Interface is awesome and smooth. I don't have too many complaints to be honest.
Wish there was an iPad version though!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 11, 2014
- Version: 1.45
- Size: 4.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andrew McKinney
- © Bloomingsoft 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Listacular Unlimited$4.99