Trial of the Clone
By Tin Man Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A choosable pathway, interactive RPG, digital gamebook! Zach Weinersmith + Wil Wheaton + Tin Man Games = AWESOME!
"You are a clone raised by the mysterious Silene Monks. Once the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy, they have long since been superseded by modern technology. Now they spend most of their time hanging out and playing video games.
But you are not like the rest of your clone brothers. You have been chosen for a special destiny. Make the right decisions and you'll complete your training, explore a universe full of adventure, and prove yourself a hero. Make the wrong decisions and you'll be dead. Really dead. Its hard to emphasise just how dead you will be. So here's a pre tip for you: try to make the right decisions."
Written by Zach Weinersmith, creator of the hilarious award-winning comic strip 'Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal'.
You're a clone who sets out to find your place in a cold, uncaring, but also kickass and ridiculous futuristic world, solving challenging puzzles and fighting monsters along the way. It's like D&D for people who are too cool for other people!
PLEASE NOTE - Due to mature content this app is intended for readers who are 17+ only. It is not recommended for children.
Exclusive new features in the app:
• Wil Wheaton voice over! Listen to Wil Wheaton whisper things like "love", "Plasmaster", "moral ambiguity", and "disappointment" into your ear.
• All new death endings, written by Zach himself. Not available in the print book!
• Achievements to find throughout the gamebook.
• Collect all your extremely unfunny puns that you get to say!
• Play the gamebook following all the rules, or cheat all you want!
Trial of the clone has been brought to iOS devices using Tin Man Games’ critically acclaimed Gamebook Adventures Engine featuring:
• An automated Adventure Sheet to keep track of stats and inventory.
• Artwork gallery. Find an illustration in the gamebook and be able to access it full-screen forever.
• Bookmarking system which saves your position in the gamebook, much like putting your fingers between the pages to remember your previous page when reading the paperback!
• Specially composed soundtrack.
• Adjustable font sizes.
• Read in landscape or portrait on your iPad!
• Universal app. Buy it once and it works on all your devices.
** REVIEWS **
"A hilariously entertaining new addition to the gamebook genre, Trial of the Clone is a brilliant way to spend a rainy afternoon." - POCKET GAMER, 8 out of 10 - Silver Award!
"I've finally gotten around to reading my copy and it's an absolute delight." - BOING BOING
"I won’t dawdle with getting this out there: I love Trial of the Clone. It made me laugh numerous times and it made me want to replay it many, many times just so I could see how things could work out differently. It's simply brilliant." - 148APPS, 4.5 out of 5 - Editor's Choice!
"If I really wanted to be lazy, I could summarize my review for Tin Man Games’ newest app Trial of the Clone like this: Buy the damn thing- NOW." - JUST PRESS START
"This story touches so many GeekDad hotspots, there is a possibility that this post may self-implode in the awesomeness described here. Page after page, choice after choice, Trial of the Clone is very funny. The result is a glorious experience." - GEEKDAD
What's New in Version 1.3
Removed GameCenter to comply with Apple guidelines.
Swing and a miss
I really wanted to like this one and as a writer myself I hate to be over the to critical, But this was really bad. I was excited by the graphics which can be hit or miss in gamebooks. The system of combat is a departure from most of the tin man games, Which wasn't bad but you have less control then the dice rolls. Also this is supposed to be a star wars spoof and it isn't even a good one. It's not funny. It's not very entertaining. I don't think I've ever been this critical of an app but I was very disappointed in Tin man games for this book.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Sep 08, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 208 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tin Man Games Pty Ltd
- © 2013 Tin Man Games Pty. Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.