Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Winner of an Apple Design Award 2013!
See the weather like never before - only Yahoo Weather combines stunning photos with accurate forecasts across iPhone and iPad.
The forecast is beautiful - Yahoo Weather’s immersive experience makes checking and sharing the weather inspiring and entertaining.
- Beautiful photos that match your location, time of day, and current weather condition
- Detailed weather information and forecasts
- Interactive radar, satellite, heat, and wind maps, plus sunrise/sunset times
- Swipe vertically for detailed weather information and horizontally for favorite locations
- Enable notifications for Severe Weather Alerts (U.S. cities only) by visiting "Settings" in the sidebar
- Submit photos to the app at Project Weather on Flickr
"Weather data? Neat. But what’s particularly amazing here is the design of the app itself. It’s a million impressive little things. It’s the blurring of the background as you dive into the grittier details; its the subtle parallax scroll when flipping between cities; it’s the way the cute lil’ windmills spin faster or slower based on the actual current windspeed of the city. It’s the fact that this is made by friggin’ Yahoo." - Greg Kumparak, TechCrunch
What's New in Version 1.5.1
Good start for the app... Has some serious issues that need to be addressed.
1) The flow and design is very well done in my opinion. Looks good, easy and quick to see the relative info I need just by scrolling, I don't need to go into other menus or poke other buttons to get the whole weather picture.
2) Runs smooth on my ipad mini /w retina and iPhone 5.
3) Has the ability to share the screen I, looking at via SMS and other common share features.
1) All severe weather alerts are turned on for the cities I have added to the list to watch, but I am not getting ANY alerts or push notifications. This needs to be fixed ASAP.
2) missing the above alerts Within the app as we'll, they appear NOT to show up at all
1) on the settings menu, several links to yahoo's other apps are visible, on the main menu... Put this in a sub menu labeled "more yaps from yahoo" or something and allow more room for options.
2) when editing cities, it's hard to see the icon you use to rearrange the cities list priority. Please make this stand out, just like the delete city function.
3) add a function to share the full text of weather alerts... Not just an image do the screen... Otherwise the full content may not be received by the message receiver.
Great app, some flaws?
This is a beautifully designed weather app! It has a clean modern look, and all the information you want is presented as you simply wipe down... I like the detailed forecast, and how you can swipe the hourly forecast to see the next 24 hours. The sun animation for time of day at the bottom of the screen space is a nice touch. It is an elegant user interface- Apple's weather app should be this good.
There are 3 flaws that bother me, however:
- Maybe it is a transient bug, but the screen background photos are disconcerting because they don't reflect the time of day or current weather conditions (blue sunny sky with fluffy clouds when it is grey and snowing, or even daylight skies at night. They seem random, and sometimes not even accurate for the location.
- I have severe weather alerts enabled for my location, along with allowing privacy and location settings. We have a winter storm warning here today no push notification came up. Though weather alerts show up when opening the app.
- The radar map seems inaccurate, and has no key for the colors. We have a snow storm but the map is showing green clouds.
Fix the flaws and this is a 5 star weather app!
Love the layout, but the app has serious flaws
This weather app has by far the best layout that I have seen in any weather app. But as others have pointed out, there are issues with the radar map.
Also, several times I have received an error message stating that the weather data could not be retrieved at this time, but three other weather apps were updating. The temperature was dropping rather fast and the other apps were updating and showing the drop. But this app kept giving me the error message and was stuck at 66 degrees for around half an hour. Then suddenly, it retrieved the data and the temperature jumped to 58 degrees. But alas, that was just a momentary reprieve. When I tried to retrieve the update a minute or two later, I got the same error message as before.
Other times, this app works flawlessly. But then, for no apparent reason, it will start acting up again. 90% of the time it works great. But that other 10% is very frustrating.
This should be a 5-star app and I expect that it will be sooner or later. I just hope that it's sooner.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Dec 19, 2013
- Version: 1.5.1
- Size: 16.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Yahoo! Inc.
- © Copyright (C) 2013, Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.