By Artware, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AT A GLANCE
True multi-layer photo editing is finally available on mobile devices!
layrs is a photo app that enables the mobile photographer to easily separate a photo into layers and edit each layer individually.
Imagine blurring only the background to spotlight your subject. Imagine applying directional blur only to the subject to give it motion in a still background. You can apply a wide range of awesome filters and textures to each layer from subtle to abstract. You can further enhance each layer by sharpening, brightening, heightening the contrast and saturating the color.
This multi-layer editing capability is made possible with a proprietary technology that detects and cuts out objects very accurately on their boundaries creating different layers. Once a photo is separated into layers, each layer can be edited differently, opening up a wide range of possibilities!
layrs is the pioneer in high precision multi-layer photo editing on iPhones.
* Easy to mark and extract an object into a different layer
* Highly accurate object detection to a single pixel
* Blurring effects including motion, focus and radial for each layer with varying intensities
* Enhancing effects including sharpness, contrast, saturation and brightness for each layer
* Rich range of filter effects, from subtle to abstract
* Various resolutions for saving and sharing through your favorite sites.
What's New in Version 4.0
We are pleased to present the new and advanced version of layrs.
- Now you can separate your photos into an unlimited number of layers and edit each one individually.
- You can add multiple objects taken from other photos.
- You can experience a wider range of coloring effects and filters from subtle to abstract.
- You can manipulate objects and control the transparency of objects and their filter effects.
Fun, but maddening!
This is a pretty cool app, but there are a few things that can make it not worth the time and frustration it takes to get a decent finished photo.
1. Why not provide an eraser? If you overshoot an area or try to zoom and mistakenly mark an area, your options are to try and figure out how to unmark cleanly - not easy or granular - or you start over. These are not good options.
2. Needs an Undo feature. An eraser would be excellent, but at the very least it needs Undo. I added a background that I didn't like, but there was no way to fix it other than to start over.
3. Maybe it's still there and I'm missing it, but the old zoom toggle prevented marking the photo when you just meant to zoom. See #2, above. Frustrating when you've unintentionally selected the entire photo and there's no edge to draw back from.
4. Would be nice to be able to select non-contiguous areas, though that's less of an issue now that it has multiple layers. But it would still be a good thing to have.
Great idea that's close to being spectacular, but for a few things which are neither.
Wow!I I've only edited one photo with the update I'm extremely happy and impressed with how easy it's to layer photos add objects and I love that you can fine tune the effects! Thank you for this amazing app!
I do a lot of photo edits for a living and this is by far the best overlay app I got and I have adobe touch and express HDR express ect soon as you get the feel of the color crop option it's very nicE!!!!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Feb 20, 2014
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 48.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Artware, Inc.
- © 2013 Artware, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Backgrounds FeatureFree