Writing Wizard - Kids Learn to Write Letters & Words
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
•"Fantastic, customizable tracing practice with fun rewards." 5 Stars - Common Sense Media
• "Writing Wizard is the most complete and intelligent letter tracing app we’ve seen"" AppoLearning.com
• "This brand-new app should be the go-to for every parent, teacher and therapist to work on handwriting" - TOP PICKS - 5 stars - SmartAppsForKids.com
• "Writing Wizard by L’Escapadou is everything a parent wants in a handwriting app, and more." 5/5 - kids-app-reviews.com
• "L’Escapadou has made handwriting fun." AppyMall.com 5/5
• Listed in "20 best educational iPhone and iPad apps for kids of 2013" - appsplayground.com
• Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design - Children's Technology Review
From the creator of award-winning educational apps, Writing Wizard is designed to help every child learn how to trace letters and words through a fun system carefully designed to maintain motivation.
The app is fully customizable to suit every child's needs, and lets you check their progress through a system of reports and profiles. You can even add your own word lists !
Check the YouTube demo : http://bit.ly/writingwizardvideo
PERFECT FOR KIDS
Kids want to have fun, and Writing Wizard offers a lot of fun to keep them motivated in the learning process !
• They can trace using 26 animated stickers and sound effects
• Once tracing is complete, they can interact with them on 4 games that animate letters
• They can trace any word - like their name - and record their voice for each word
• They can collect stars in 5-Stars play mode
PERFECT FOR PARENTS & TEACHERS
• Detailed reports provide information on what kids have done, including the ability to replay and export the tracings to view kids' progress
• Ability to create your own word lists (and record audio for each word)
• Multiple parameters to customize the app according to the child’s current education level (e.g. letter size, difficulty, show/hide model, allow to stop between key points, etc.)
• 3 most popular fonts (ZB, DN, HWT)
• Upper and lower case letters, numbers (and word lists)
• Letter sounds (which can be customized)
• A customizable 5-Stars play mode
• Unlimited Users
• AppoLearning.com ""Writing Wizard is the best letter tracing app on iPad"
• SmartAppsForKids.com TOP PICKS 5 stars "Writing Wizard has every feature needed in a handwriting app, along with some amazing options for customization."
• AppyMall.com : 5/5 "Wow!!! This is one fantastic app for learning to print for both families and clinicians."
• TeachersWithApps.com : "Teachers With Apps had the pleasure of beta-test Writing Wizard, which is simply brilliant! This app will be a daily go-to for any primary teacher, student, or parent."
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a Moms with Apps member, we follow the "Know what's inside" best practices for kids’ apps
L’Escapadou takes children’s privacy seriously. We believe you should not have to worry about your kids being tracked by apps or websites. This app:
• Does not collect any user information (we do not use data collection tools)
• Does not contain in-app purchases
• External Links : Protected parent sections are available where you can send us a mail and check out our others apps. Before accessing a parent section, an addition must be solved so that young kids cannot access it.
What's New in Version 2.0
Thanks for your wonderful reviews and feedback !
• New section for drawing/prewriting activities (shapes and some easy & fun drawings)
• 6 new stickers to write with
• Localization : now includes all accented letters and is localized in French, German, Italian, Spanish and Swedish.
• iPhone Support !
My four year old became interested in learning how to write letters at the beginning of the school year, with the expectation at preschool to write his name to sign in each day. He is very resistant to instruction from us on how to form letters, but he loves working with this app. I love how customizable it is, with user-defined word lists, different fonts (currently Zaner-Bloser, D'Nealian, and Handwriting Without Tears), and the ability to finely tweak different aspects of difficulty. I also like how I can see what my son has been doing with it.
I contacted the author to ask whether he would consider adding Getty-Dubay Italic style to the program, and he is considering it for the next revision! He is incredibly responsive and nice. What a great set of apps he's made - I think we have all of the English-language ones now except for the cursive one.
I love the app! I tell everyone about it!
The only thing that needs changed asap is the "next button" / arrow. It's too close to the settings button and even tho the parental lock on it can keep kids from changing settings, it's still a pain for little fingers that want to do things themselves to get to the next adventure when they keep clicking other things. Move the settings and refresh buttons to the bottom of the screen or center... ;) Thanks for the great app!
My child has already learned to write her name however starts some letters at the bottom. This app reinforces the correct way to write but is not as frustrating as others. I love the customization allowing you to write in your own words or names! She loves the app too! The animations and the fact that you can record the words are very rewarding to keep her motivated in learning.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 18, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 29.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: pierre abel
- © L'Escapadou 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.