*** iPod 3 and 4, iPad 1 and iPhone 3GS are NOT supported, they either don't have a gyroscope or enough memory!
Break through ceilings, rescue princesses and escape boiling lava as you slash your way to the top of the Knightmare Tower!
• "Knightmare Tower hooked me for over an hour, and I had to force myself to stop playing" - Kotaku.com
• "There are triple-A, $60 games that pale in comparison to the enjoyment we got from Knightmare Tower" - GamesRadar.com
• "Easy to play and bizarrely addictive" - Joystiq.com
• "One of the few games that would be equally at home on the App Store or Xbox Live Arcade" - Eurogamer.net
- Campaign and Survival modes
- 10 princesses to rescue, all daughters of the same King (yeah, even that last one)
- Tons of upgrades, including visually changing armors, swords and boots
- 1 epic boss battle
- 70 quests to complete
- 50+ different monsters to slice up
- 3 legendary monsters that can be summoned with special horns
- Giant bombs that blow apart every monsters around you
- Potions that make you super strong
- Rideable rockets
- Soundtrack by HyperDuck Soundworks (Scrolls, Dust: An Elysian Tail)
- More info on http://knightmaretower.com
* Fixed compatibility issues with new iOS
Ratings and Reviews
Very good and addictive
And no in-app purchases. Yay!
As others have said, the graphics and gameplay are top-notch.
Only two critiques… First, the music is a 30-second or so loop that repeats endlessly, and could use some variation.
Second, the end boss is MUCH harder in iOS than the Flash version of the game. And the end boss is very dependent on luck. If his head does not pop up in the right places to allow you to get to him in a fraction of a second, you will not beat him fast enough and be forced to play the tedious parts of the tower for another try. Need to fix his difficulty or randomness.
Otherwise, great game.
Excellent, solid, polished, addictive game
This is not an endless runner, and this game will not nag or gouge you to give up a single red cent because there are no in app purchases. This alone should peak the interest of an iOS gaming enthusiast.
There's an upgrade system, but none of it the boring traditional upgrades with "boosters" or "coin multipliers" or any of that cash grabbing nonsense.
Anyway, a great tower climbing game with excellent animation and sound. It's very satisfying to play and a journey to reach the top. There's also a survival mode that is endless.
Overall fantastic game. My only suggestion would be to include a "restart" button from in game. Otherwise you have to go to the shop first, or drown yourself in the lava.
I also have had a few crashes when there is too much going on, I believe a bomb initiates it. Luckily, this happens very seldom, in fact maybe only once in the few hours I have put in.
This game is incredibly fun. The progression is well paced - you never feel like you go too long without acquiring some kind of meaningful upgrade, and with every upgrade you gain a noticeable amount of power. The final boss is challenging enough to give most people a good amount of trouble, and the art style is charming. Controls are nice and tight and customizable. The game is often difficult, but deaths always feel avoidable and are never unfair, and every failure left me wanting to try again. All in all, a superb app.
- Juicy Beast Studio LTD.
- 149.8 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017 Juicy Beast Studio LTD.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.