Footpath Route Planner - Running / Cycling / Hiking Maps
By Eric Wolfe
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Footpath lets you map routes in seconds.
Whether you prefer the simplicity of running or riding without a phone, forgot to record a GPS track, or want to plan out your next hike or race, Footpath allows you to map out your routes quicker and easier than ever before, all without GPS.
• Draw your route and watch it snap to roads and trails.
• Press and hold on the map to automatically calculate routes between points.
• No roads or trails nearby? No problem, just zoom in and draw your routes free-form by tapping the magnet.
• View elevation profiles for your routes to gauge difficulty.
• Save your favorite routes for later. View up to 5 of your most recent saved routes at any time, or upgrade to Footpath Elite for no limit.
• Share your routes via email, Facebook, Twitter, Path, and Instagram.
Footpath Elite: Go the extra mile
• Available via in-app purchase
• Automatic syncing. Plan a route on your iPad and keep it on your iPhone for reference when you’re out.
• Save unlimited routes. Great for trips, logs, or planning out the week ahead.
• Want to change up the routine? Edit any of your saved routes to create new ones.
• Additional maps and snapping support: USGS Topo Maps (U.S. and Canada) and OpenStreetMap (Mapbox Streets, Mapbox Outdoors) & OpenCycleMap. Great for the outdoors and areas not covered by Google Maps.
• Export your routes as GPX & KML files to your computer or other apps such as Google Earth, or share your routes to friends with Footpath via Airdrop or email.
• More advanced features to come!
• Try drawing your longer routes in multiple segments for better accuracy
• If you see a road or trail overlay on the map, it can usually be snapped to
• Try zooming in for more accuracy
• If you need to route between unconnected roads, connect them by temporarily turning off snapping
• Tap "Loop" to quickly calculate the quickest route back to the start
• Tap "Out & Back" to automatically trace your route back to the start
• Try switching to driving mode to ignore trails & footpaths or to use highways. Perfect for road trips.
• Calculate your routes offline by preloading the maps beforehand and drawing without snapping
• Import routes from other apps. Send a GPX file to your device and use the common “Open In…” menu to open the route right in Footpath.
Footpath is designed for runners, hikers, walkers, and cyclists, but can and has been used for everything from kayaking & swimming to deliveries, travel, & road trips—even to land planning.
Hit the road and forget about GPS.
For any issues or suggestions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 2.1
iPhone 6 & 6 plus support
Distance indicator when scrubbing the elevation graph
Mapbox Outdoor topo maps (Footpath Elite)
Directions to the start of a route via Apple or Google Maps
Better display of current location when following routes
Better preservation of unsaved routes when multitasking
Edit route names from the route list screen
This app is a raw gem!
It works very nice and easy to control with the path snap feature! The elevation graph is extremely useful for a hiker like me. There are a lot of stuffs that can be developed in the future version! I just wish I could download a region on the map to use it offline (with snap enable) as well as you can export it as gpx file for importing to other apps/software. Turn by turn direction and 3D view (like apple maps) are also great too!
I use this to plan my runs. Works great and does everything I need and does it well.
My only minor request is that it would be great to be able to reorder your saved runs. Other than that this app is essentially perfect. Recommended.
Hands-down the easiest to use route planner app. It is almost magical, yet should be the standard, how this app works. Outstanding support to questions. Another plug for ability to cache detailed views for off-line viewing in future versions.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 18, 2015
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 19.4 MB
- Language: En
- Seller: Eric Wolfe
- ©2015 Eric Wolfe
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Footpath Elite$3.99