Delicious Library 3
By Delicious Monster Software, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Catalog your books, movies, music, video games, gadgets, and more. Delicious Library helps you create a comprehensive inventory, share it with friends, and get holistic recommendations based on your collector profile.
Scanning is easy: simply hold barcodes up to your webcam, and items appears on your digital shelves in gorgeous 3D. Rate your items, loan them out, or just revel in the in-depth information automatically downloaded for each one.
Know what you own and discover more things you love: Delicious Library integrates your wishlist, ratings, and friends to generate smart recommendations. If your friend owns a recommended item, Delicious Library highlights it so you can hit them up for a loan.
Archive your life: view your physical collection side by side with your iTunes collection. Publish your collection to the web with one click, put used items up for sale in three clicks, and find out if anything you own happens to be worth serious bucks.
“You've never had so much fun with software...it's just so cool! And it just might buy you some time for more important things.” —David Pogue
“The best of the home inventory managers I tested.” —Farhad Manjoo, New York Times
What's New in Version 3.5.1
• Built under El Capitan so it gets all the latest improvements from Apple (but still works under Yosemite).
∙ Worked around El Capitan bug where the Add Friend widget was displayed cut-off inside its popover window.
• Updated to use Apple's new iTunes access framework!
∙ Should find iTunes collections for users who have had problems before.
∙ Now displays covers for items that are stored only in the cloud.
∙ Note Apple does not allow any third parties to access iBooks.
• Added a list of fields users can put into their own templates inside the App's bundle in "Contents/Resources/Templates/README - List Of Fields.txt"
• Fixed hanging bug that could occur when displaying items without covers.
• Fixed bug where CDs would go grey for a while when their cover was first downloaded on 'flat' shelves.
• Fixed bug where clicking on the top part of an item wouldn't select it on 'flat' shelves.
• Fixed bug sorting using Library of Congress numbers with multiple cuts.
• Fixed bug sorting using Dewey Decimal numbers so 1.193 is _after_ 1.2.
• Fixed bug when publishing to the web so we don't output “<?xml … >" on the first line, which confused some browsers.
• Added another graphics card to the list of cards that can't display transparent windows without crashing, so some machines that have been experiencing crashes when displaying 3D items will work now.
Sometimes annoying but excellent
If you have training in library science, Delicious Library 3 will frequently annoy you by trying to include way, way more information than you might ever want to know about a given item. The application can scan a number of online sources for titles, authors, cover art, ISBN numbers, Dewey Decimal and Library of Congress numbers, online reviews, and other “stuff.” One result is that you often get book covers that don’t match the book you hold in your hand, or synopses that clearly were written by someonel who never heard of the book, or only read the blurb on the cover.
Yet for all of that — Delicious Library 3 works. And works very, very well.
Lousy Name — Terrific App
Just what I wanted and needed, absolutely the best money I’ve spent on an app in ages. Acknowleding some of the caveats other reviewers have mentioned, the only way it could be better is if it worked EXACTLY the way my mind works — and that’s asking too much. You’ll want to edit most of your listings, but you CAN and that’s why the caveats don’t amount to much. If you take the time to work with the app, the app will be everything you need and want.
It’s not much good for a comics collection — I had to buy another app for that — but for books, DVDs and music it’s just perfect. I use it every day and love it. Just wish they’d change the stupid name!!!!
Would not recommend
Delicious Library is overpriced and useless. It cannot locate the correct information for any item other than books. Its pictures are all different sizes, making the “shelf” bulky and ugly. It does not work for sewing patterns. It does not work for purses/shoes. It is not a good cataloging software for anything other than books, and frankly, it does not even do that well. It has a useless app for the iphone which simply has a scanner. There’s no way to view your items remotely, aside from exporting the file to something nothing else can read. I wish I had not spent the money and had joined the free site collectorz.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Apr 12, 2016
- Version: 3.5.1
- Size: 80.5 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Spanish
- Seller: Delicious Monster Software, LLC
- © 2005-2016 Delicious Monster Software, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor