The best chess app. Powered by Game Center, designed exclusively for iPhone.
• Challenge your friends on Game Center or play an adjustable computer opponent
• Play with beautiful pieces and boards designed specifically for iPhone
• Effortlessly review your last move or the entire game with the swipe of a finger
• Upgrade the computer opponent for full playing style customization
• For the chess nerds: export your games in algebraic notation
• Up to 70% taller than ordinary chess!
Changes the PGN notation removing redundant piece types fixing compatibility with some other services reading PGN files.
Ratings and Reviews
I wrote in an email to the devs when they took the app off the App Store, pretty much begging them to keep supporting it. Tall Chess made a boring game my friends and family would play all the time an absolute joy for me. I’ve already become better than them thanks to the hard AI.
It would be a good game if they make it so you can tap on the piece you want to move and then tap the square you want to move it to. They made it so you have to drag the piece to the square you want but sometimes it doesn’t fall on that square. But I like how the board takes up the whole screen.
I’ll give it 5 stars if they make it tap to move.
Graphics are Great !
Movement is lousy !! If this were a smooth platform with easy gliding moves, I'd of rated it higher.
- Friends of The Web, LLC
- 21.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Friends of The Web LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Tall Chess Upgrade $2.99
- Configurable Computer Opponent $7.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.