By Michael Brough
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You are a computer hacker. You steal precious data while the world sleeps. Siphons are your lockpicks. Progs are your guns.
Connect to the sectors.
Download the data.
Escape, or be deleted alive.
A cyberspace adventure from the creator of Zaga-33.
What's New in Version 1.06
- adjusted powerup colours
- fixed score display
- fixed white background when stuck
- enemies are now stunned when hit by other enemies
- fixed problem with increasing the costs of the wrong progs with FAVOURED PROGS powerup
This game is awesome. Each stage's overall objectives seem straightforward: gather power-spheres; select and hack microchips; wipe out the viruses; and finally, advance to the next stage. However, in practice the mechanics are deep, the strategy multi-layered. For instance:
- Each virus exhibits different behaviors and characteristics: some are durable and can absorb damage, while others are flimsy and weak, but fast enough to corner and catch the careless player.
- Different resources allow the player to run different defensive or offensive weapons/programs. Some programs transform one resource to another, which might give access to a needed program.
- The fact the resources are scattered randomly throughout each stage means that some microchips might not have a high point value, but might have value by being adjacent to a needed resource.
This is the type of experimental game that not only deserves a place high on the payed charts, but fulfills the promise of what iPhone gaming should be. Kudos to the developer.
Cool, Unique Game
I bought this game to kill time during a trip from California to Texas. The price point is scary, but I found that it was worth every penny.
This game is unpredictable, unique, deeply strategic and most importantly forever replayable. Strategy fans looking to get a great experience on their phones have found it. It's just not very accessible to most iOS gamers.
Take the Leap
Over-expensive, horrifically obtuse, and totally worth it.
868-hack is exactly as cool as pulling a fire sprinkler prank on Angelina Jolie.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 05, 2014
- Version: 1.06
- Size: 6.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Brough
- © Michael Brough
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.