Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Logic Remote is an iPad companion app for Logic Pro X, MainStage 3 and GarageBand on the Mac. Designed to take full advantage of Multi-Touch on iPad, Logic Remote offers new ways to record, mix, and even perform instruments from anywhere in the room, turning your iPad into a keyboard, drum pad, guitar fretboard, mixing board, or transport control.
• Play any Logic or GarageBand instrument using a familiar piano keyboard or guitar fretboard
• Tap out beats on drum pads or a drum kit
• Use the scale mode to limit notes to fit the key of your song
• Tap and strum entire chords using Chord Strip view
• Make simple or dramatic changes to your sounds with Smart Controls
• Add the Arpeggiator plug-in to any instrument
Navigate your Projects
• Operate basic transport controls like start, stop, record, and cycle
• Swipe the LCD or bar ruler to navigate to any location
• Select and jump to Markers in Logic Pro X
• Control recordings on your Mac from another room
• Browse the Sound Library and remotely change Patches
• Enable Smart Help and hover over interface elements on your Mac to display documentation on your iPad
• Remotely trigger key commands with customizable buttons
Mix Your Logic Sessions
• Use Multi-Touch gestures to adjust Mixer volume, pan, solo, and mute controls
• Swipe to scroll or jump in banks to navigate through Mixer faders
• Use the level meter strip to monitor levels and identify clipping
• Control automation settings for each fader
Compatible with iPad 2 or later and iPad mini. Requires iOS 7 or later and Logic Pro X, MainStage v3.0.2 or GarageBand v10.0
What's New in Version 1.1
• New streamlined design
• Adds more scale choices for Touch Instruments
For the longest time, I used to GarageBand for iPad over the Mac version because it provided a tactile element. I could "play" the keyboard, "bang" the drum, etc. But the iPad version is woefully lacking in terms of sounds and commands. This app opened up GarageBand for Mac to me and I'm even thinking about getting Logic Pro X because of it.
Helpful hint, use it with Bluetooth, not wifi. No noticeable lag at all. Wifi can be choppy.
Easy setup and accurate control
Easiest setup I've ever seen with an app. Connect to same network and automatically it asks to allow to control Logic. This app even brings the smart keyboards and guitars you may or may not have seen in GarageBand for iOS. They are very powerful and nice to have on hand. Defiantly get this if you've got Logic X and an iPad,
connecting is sketchy—but great when it works
getting it to connect initially was a bit annoying—i hit the help sections and did all the firewall things recommended but in the end pairing with bluetooth worked best. even then, connection still gets lost here and there.
but when it works it’s pretty darn handy! i don’t have a very elaborate studio setup so having the extra screen real estate is great.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 10, 2014
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 125 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013-2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.