Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Logic Remote is a companion app for Logic Pro X on the Mac. It provides an innovative way to extend the creative power of Logic by using your iPad or iPhone*. Designed to take full advantage of Multi-Touch, Logic Remote offers new ways to record, mix, and even perform instruments in Logic Pro X from anywhere in the room, turning your iPad or iPhone* into a mixer and transport control, and your iPad into a keyboard, drum pad, guitar fretboard.
Play Logic Instruments
• Play any Logic instrument using a familiar piano keyboard or guitar fretboard
• Tap out beats on drum pads or a drum kit
• Use the scale mode to limit notes to fit the key of your song
• Tap and strum entire chords using Chord Strip view
• Make simple or dramatic changes to your sounds with Smart Controls
• Add the Arpeggiator plug-in to any instrument
Navigate Logic Projects
• Operate basic transport controls like start, stop, record, and cycle
• Swipe the LCD or bar ruler to navigate to any location
• Select and jump to any Logic project marker
• Control recordings on your Mac from another room
• Browse the Sound Library and remotely change Patches
• Enable Smart Help and hover over interface elements on your Mac to display documentation on your iPad
• Remotely trigger Logic key commands with customizable buttons
Mix Your Logic Sessions
• Use Multi-Touch gestures to adjust Mixer volume, pan, solo, and mute controls
• Swipe to scroll or jump in banks to navigate through Mixer faders
• Use the level meter strip to monitor levels and identify clipping
• Enable and change automation modes for each fader
• Use Multi-Touch gestures to shape the tone of your tracks with Visual EQ
• Plug-in view provides access to Logic or Audio Unit plug-in parameters
* iPhone version is limited to use with Logic Pro X or GarageBand for transport control, dual channel strip faders, automation recording, and access to key commands
Requires iOS 9.1 or later
iPad support requires Logic Pro X 10.2.1, MainStage v3.2.3, or GarageBand v10.1
iPad Pro support requires Logic Pro X 10.2.1, MainStage v3.2.3, or GarageBand 10.1.1
iPhone support requires Logic Pro X 10.2.1, or GarageBand 10.1.1
What's New in Version 1.3
This update contains numerous fixes and enhancements including:
• Adds support for iPad Pro and iPhone*
• Multiple iOS devices can now be used simultaneously
• iPad Pro extends the usable range of mixer faders, the keyboard and other Touch Instruments
• iPad Pro allows you to access key commands alongside Smart Controls and Touch Instruments
• Fixes and enhancements to improve connectivity
* iPhone version is compatible with Logic Pro X or GarageBand only and limited to transport control, dual channel strip faders, automation recording, and access to key commands
Lacking in features
APPLE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add support for a percussion pad and velocity sensitive midi
keyboard to use in Logic. I got the iphone 6s thinking that hey it would be awesome using force touch as a percussion pad (since I do not have one). Not only do you not have that but the iphone version only has controls?!!?!! Seriously Apple? I payed $200 of my hard earned money for logic and purchased a new $600+ iphone, and a mac mini, it would be nice for you to offer the same features for the iphone as the iPad.. To have the iPad version exclusive is just plain wrong. Please work on this guy's. I know me and a lot of other serious musicians would greatly appreciate this. It's the least you could do considering that we chose Apple products for a reason... If you want to keep your customers happy I hope you will please listen to our requests and take them to heart. Thanks for all the work you've put in but there is still a lot more to be done.. Especially on the iphone end of the app.
First I'll say that I think this is a great app and was excited to get it. There are some issues though.
Using the app can make logic feel kinda buggy. Pretty laggy performance sometimes and the computer doesn't always respond to things like track changing so quickly. Using this app also led to an issue where my keyboard shortcuts weren't working. I had to uninstall this app and "refresh" shortcuts in the os and in logic to get them working again.
One thing I didn't like is fader values in the app don't represent the values in logic. Move a send up and it'll display +2.5 when the onscreen value is like -8 or whatever. So it's only relative to the value you have on screen but not the actual value. Kinda annoying.
Using the app made me want an iPad for more on screen space. Looking forward to an update to fix these bugs.
Won't stay connected to wifi...Ugh
I really want to like this app as it would be indispensable while recording tracks away from the control room. But in its current state it is so buggy when trying to keep my iPad2 connected to wifi (via an Apple AirPort Extreme). I just don't get how something so simple could be so troublesome and frustrating. Ugh.
Also it would be nice to have the option to see all corresponding track headers within the app on the Volume and Volume+Pan mixer pages, dependent upon however a user has LPX configured. If I have a track input engaged in a particular track I like to see that on the app. Same for all of the other track header options.
Visually I like the look and feel of this app, and the idea/concept is awesome, especially for *Free*...Its just a shame that this app rarely works as it should without being buggy and irritatingly unstable.
Keep the updates coming Apple...
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 20, 2016
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 287 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013-2016 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.