Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MBraille brings you a mobile braille keyboard.
With the free features you can type, edit and send tweets and text messages using contracted or uncontracted English braille.*
With the pro version you can also use braille to
- call contacts or telephone numbers
- send email
- do facebook status updates
- add calendar entries
- fire away internet search engine queries
- the text typed is automatically put to clipboard when you switch apps.
- interact with other 3rd party applications
MBraille fully support both iPhone/iPod and iPad
An experienced blind MBraille user can easily surpass the sighted typists using the built in virtual keyboard.
*uncontracted Braille is supported and help is available for Croatian, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish
UI and Braille are also supported for Italian, Portuguese, and Slovakian, only help is still missing.
MBraille supports iPhones, iPod touches and iPads.
"An iPhone without MBraille, just isn't a fully operational iPhone anymore!" --Cliff Isaksen, Norway
AppleVis granted MBraille and MPaja a Golden Apple, which we accept with deep gratitude:
What's New in Version 1.8.0
- Facetime Video. .ft is for Facetime audio as introduced in the last release, .ftv is for video.
- regression fixed when backspacing to last word
- added self voicing, so you don't need to have VoiceOver on when in the keyboard. The Voice language is automatically changed following the .lang command.
You can also control the voice separately from the braille table with ".set voice name" command.
i'm loving this app. I haven't used braille in years. But since using mbraille, I've gotten a lot of my braille back. I can't really improve on what others have said in there reviews. I can only say, It's all true.
iOS seven issue
I like mBraille very much. I use it most of the time for all my typing on the iPhone. The issue is that the feature that sends text directly from mBraille is inconsistent.
Love this app!
Use it daily! So glad I bought it! Just need t to learn the self-voicing feature
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 23, 2014
- Version: 1.8.0
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: MPaja Oy
- © 2013 MPaja Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- MBraille Pro$29.99