Oggl — Discover, create, and collect beautiful photos
By Hipstamatic, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Oggl is a place to discover amazing images, create your own, and collect photos that inspire you.
AN AMAZING CAMERA
Take amazingly beautiful photos with one of our Hipstamatic camera presets, or discover your own look by mixing and matching lenses and films.
Let the world see your creative side and share your images to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, or even check-in to Foursquare … Oggl will track all your likes, hearts, and love from around the internet.
COLLECT INSPIRING PHOTOS
Build your inspiration board by collecting images from great photographers around the world, even collect images you find on Instagram.
What's New in Version 2.1
• Oggl now runs beautifully on iPad
• New SurfMode – turn your device sideways when viewing a feed to see it presented as a slide show
• SurfMode on Airplay - present any feed on Oggl to your Apple TV and have a live photo feed for any event or occasion
• New Notifications Ticker showing details about how many likes, reposts, etc. your photos get (including information from Instagram, Facebook, Flickr, and more)
• Improved gear shopping experience, with better previews and suggested Favorite combos
• See a live preview when selecting a favorite to shoot with, or when editing your photo and browsing your presets
• Improved feed browsing experience, with quicker access to more information about photos
• Fixes a bug causing login problems with Tumblr and Foursquare
• Other bug fixes, user interface enhancements, and performance improvements
There's a lot going on here, but it seems like too many chefs in the kitchen on this project. I take photos and don't know where they go. I see filters for a second then then they turn back off. There are social features but they fail to connect with a message of "our team has been notified." The app itself crashes a lot and I'm on modern hardware. It just gives me the overall impression that three or four regular apps have collided with each other, and here's the jumbled result. Nothing this app is trying to do is new, so why am I being asked to learn new ways of doing any of it? Something about this makes me deeply angry, and also sad for the obviously skilled team involved in this mish-mash of crazy direction. I literally feel like I'm interacting with three apps at once when I try to use this.
Late to the Oggl game
I kind of skipped over Oggl when it came out, because I heard you couldn't transfer your Hipsta lenses/film into the app. Apparently now you can, which makes the app perfect in my opinion for what I want it to be: an instagram with tons and tons of better photo processing options. If I really feel the need to be social, I can share the photo to Facebook/Instagram/Twitter from this app. Perfect.
I downloaded this app a few days ago, & really liked the concept, however continuously would crash. I sent them feedback via in the app, & received an email from their customer support from Allan, who helped me figure out the bugs! Doesn't crash at all anymore, & now I'm using it constantly!! Love this app, download it- you won't regret it!!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Feb 27, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 18.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Hipstamatic, LLC
- © 2013 Hipstamatic, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Membership - One Year$9.99
- Membership - Three Months$2.99