By TempoRun LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MAKE RUNNING MORE ENJOYABLE! Create the best running playlist.
The perfect run is only a download away with TempoRun, the easiest way to sync your footsteps to the beat of your music.
With our unique TempoLevel system, we categorize your music library into levels based on different tempo intervals. So when you’re on a specific level, all songs will share a similar beat, allowing you to match your running pace to that beat creating a more fluid and exhilarating run.
We also provide a streaming TempoRadio powered by SoundCloud so you can discover epic new running songs.
A Brunnel University study concluded that running to the tempo of your music increases ones cardiovascular output by up to 15%! Consider TempoRun the personal trainer you never had.
‣ TEMPO LEVEL SYSTEM: We categorize your existing music library into different tempo levels 1-10, with 1 being a walk, 5 being a jog, and 10 being a sprint.
‣ TEMPO RADIO: If you don’t have music, we have you covered with our streaming TempoRadio powered by SoundCloud, which provides thousands of song pre- categorized by tempo and genre. Discover new jams while you run.
‣ WORKOUT STATS: Want to know how far, long or the number of calories you burned? Our user profile displays all relevant running statistics such as distance, time and calories burned.
‣ YOU'RE IN CONTROL: TempoRun allows you to remove songs from your categorized library and puts you in control of the songs you enjoy working out to. Also, you can tap out song's tempos yourself with our innovative beats per minute (BPM) tapper to make sure your beats are perfect.
- Winner of SXSW Student Startup Madness Contest 2013
- Winner of Greenlight Michigan Undergraduate Business Pitch Contest 2013
- Winner of the Michigan State University Business Pitch Contest 2012
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us @temporunapp
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- TempoRadio requires a SoundCloud account.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
My Temporun Experience
After downloading various running applications throughout the past few years in order to enhance my running I figured why not give Temporun a shot, as none have been very effective. But with Temporun it is completely different. It is the perfect combination of user creative control -being able to tap and delete songs as u please from the playlist- and also providing accurate running data such as calories burned and distance/time. Also it allows me to compare my current run to my best run, which always keeps me striving for a better run. Overall I am thoroughly satisfied with the quality and functionality of the app.
Easy fun app to enhance workout routine
Terrific well designed app that is extremely easy to use and allows you to accommodate every aspect of your fitness routine from warm up to cool down simply by quickly adjusting the level. It synced with my entire iTunes library and I was pleasantly surprised to "rediscover" songs that I hadn't listened to in ages. Best of all, it also functions as a pedometer that tracks your performance, records the workout history and helps you improve upon your previous best time. It's a great motivator!
I plan to use this app whether I am working out or even while I am walking my dog.
How was this rated so high?!?
I was excited to hear about this app and that MSU students were the brainchildren, however, after trying to use it for the past three weeks I am beginning to wonder if the high ratings came from their friends. Although I like the concept it doesn't do what it claimed. Like previous reviewers with more accurate reviews I had trouble with my slow songs being classified as uptempo and vice versa. Even retapping didn't change the classification. Also, what the heck is sound cloud and when will their servers work? Was the project abandoned? If so then take the app down to preserve what is left of your reputation. Overall this is a terrible app and I am very disappointed that I had to write this review.