Spy Sam Reading Book 1 - The big adventure with little words for kids to learn to read
By Matthew Cordingly
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Over 40,000 downloads of Spy Sam Reading Books! ***
"These books are a must-download now for anyone in education or with kids who need a little more support with reading." - Smart Apps For Kids
“This is a great adventure book that includes over 80 pages and simple vocabulary for children.” - appPicker
Welcome to book 1, the fun and friendly starting point for this action filled adventure series created for the early reader. From this simple starting point, books 2 and 3 see the series descend into a darker and moodier world where Spy Sam must rely more on gritty determination, rather than the fun gadgets of book 1.
If you are new to our wonderful adventure, please visit www.spysam.com now!
Created by a doctor, this adventure series is aimed at children who are after an exciting and thought provoking storyline, but still enjoy having only a few words on each page. Book 1 is intended to allow the young reader to gain confidence in reading this series. It has the biggest text size, no more than 8 words per page, and where possible vocabulary from the first 100 words taught in many primary schools.
Recommended by Dyslexia Help - http://dyslexiahelp.umich.edu
For updates & behind the scenes info, follow us on Twitter @SpySamReading, or visit our Facebook page www.facebook.com/SpySamReading
- Over 90 pages
- Aimed at 5-7 year olds
- Simple vocabulary, using many of the first 100 words taught in many primary schools (KS1).
- No more than 8 words per page.
- Interactivity around the words, rather than the pictures, to concentrate the child's focus on reading.
- Interactive elements help with sounding out digraphs and split digraphs (eg 'oo' in 'look' and the 'e' in 'bike')
- Buttons and numbers to press to promote understanding.
- Blue background to improve readability for children with dyslexia.
- No swipe to turn page, to reduce accidental page turning and enable flip-book style changes to images on page.
- Simple colourful drawings.
- No page numbers - so the child is not put off by how many pages there is left to read.
- Please note, this app does not read out the words for the child. It has been designed to be read and enjoyed with an adult.
- Exciting storyline with multiple cliffhangers to motivate the child to continue reading.
- No in-app purchases
These apps do not request that you rate them. However, if you have enjoyed them, please do leave a review in the App Store. We read every one!
What's New in Version 2.1
Minor usability changes
Good for early reading
My 6 year old read it with ease and enjoyed reading! Recommend for beginning readers and especially boys who may not yet enjoy reading. The only reason my child did not want to rate this book five stars is that he wanted it to be a little more interactive.
A reading tutors dream!
Finally something to engage reluctant and struggling readers with visual cues to assist decoding, large well-spaced font, and a storyline and graphics that are not babyish. Thank you!!! Please hurry with #4!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Sep 17, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 39.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Matthew Cordingly
- © 2013 Matthew Cordingly
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.