Spy Sam Reading Book 1 - The big adventure with little words for kids to learn to read
By Matthew Cordingly
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“This is a great adventure book that includes over 80 pages and simple vocabulary for children.” - appPicker
Inspired by the regular struggle convincing my 5 year old son to read his books, I set out to create an exciting adventure that we would both enjoy him reading out loud.
- Over 80 pages
- Simple vocabulary, using many of the first 100 words taught in many primary schools (KS1).
- No more than 8 words per page. (More words often puts my son off reading that page!)
- Interactivity around the words, rather than the pictures, to concentrate the child's focus on reading.
- Interactive elements help with sounding out digraphs and split digraphs (eg 'oo' in 'look' and the 'e' in 'bike')
- Buttons and numbers to press to promote understanding.
- Blue background to improve readability for children with dyslexia.
- No swipe to turn page, to reduce accidental page turning and enable flip-book style changes to images on page.
- Simple colourful drawings.
- No page numbers - so the child is not put off by how many pages there is left to read.
- This app does not read out the words for the child (so no cheating!). It has been designed to be read out loud.
- Exciting storyline to motivate the child to continue reading.
- No in-app purchases
This is book one of five following the adventures of Spy Sam, Fizz and Jess. The story contains no weapons or violence, but envelops the reader in a world of spy plots, gadgets and plans for world domination.
What's New in Version 1.8
Shed lock lights up on pressing
Box lights up on pressing
Rate app button
Minor interface tweaks
- Category: Books
- Updated: Feb 25, 2014
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 24.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Matthew Cordingly
- © 2013 Matthew Cordingly
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.