Spy Sam Reading Book 1 - The big adventure with little words for kids to learn to read
By Matthew Cordingly
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Book 2 FREE for a limited time ***
“This is a great adventure book that includes over 80 pages and simple vocabulary for children.” - appPicker
Inspired by the regular struggle convincing my 5 year old son to read his books, I set out to create an exciting adventure that we would both enjoy him reading out loud.
- Over 80 pages
- Simple vocabulary, using many of the first 100 words taught in many primary schools (KS1).
- No more than 8 words per page. (More words often puts my son off reading that page!)
- Interactivity around the words, rather than the pictures, to concentrate the child's focus on reading.
- Interactive elements help with sounding out digraphs and split digraphs (eg 'oo' in 'look' and the 'e' in 'bike')
- Buttons and numbers to press to promote understanding.
- Blue background to improve readability for children with dyslexia.
- No swipe to turn page, to reduce accidental page turning and enable flip-book style changes to images on page.
- Simple colourful drawings.
- No page numbers - so the child is not put off by how many pages there is left to read.
- This app does not read out the words for the child (so no cheating!). It has been designed to be read out loud.
- Exciting storyline to motivate the child to continue reading.
- No in-app purchases
This is book one of five following the adventures of Spy Sam, Fizz and Jess. The story contains no weapons or violence, but envelops the reader in a world of spy plots, gadgets and plans for world domination.
What's New in Version 1.9
Extended the sample of book 2
Links to app store changed
- Category: Books
- Updated: Mar 17, 2014
- Version: 1.9
- Size: 35.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Matthew Cordingly
- © 2013 Matthew Cordingly
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.