The Lonely Beast 123
By James Kelleher
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Count your way around the house with The Lonely Beast!
Every day, the Beast counts everything in his house, from rubber duckies to delicious cakes and shooting stars. Join him as he waters his garden, reads books, cooks eggs and more. It’s a great way to help little beasts learn about the magic of numbers, all the way from 1 to 12.
- Voiceover by the author of The Lonely Beast
- Meet Beasts From around the world
- Fully-interactive scenes with lots for little hands to play with
- Realtime HD egg-frying simulator
- Optimised for retina displays
- Builds sheep-counting skills
- Universal app: buy once and use across all your devices
The Beast’s Lifetime Guarantee:
- No in-app purchases
- No third-party advertising
- No social media
- No Beasts were harmed during the making of this app
Watch the trailer here:
- Featured by Apple in Best New Apps, First Words & Numbers and Best for Ages 5 & Under
- “Fun and visually striking” - The Sunday Business Post
- “Quirky, funny and informative, this is the Count von Count for the 21st century kid” – Totally Dublin
- “Stylish and clever” – Wilson Rothman, Today.com
- “Adult supervisors will get a giggle too” - The Sunday Times
- “With a loving eye for genuine craft and detail, the Lonely Beast 123 really is a step above other apps in this category” – Candepop
- “An engaging way of teaching kids their numbers, especially when parents sit by their side and assist in the counting” – TUAW
- “Beautifully hand-drawn scenes, interactive elements, and delightful sounds” – AppAdvice
- “Even numerate children can count on being entertained by this tongue-in-cheek companion to The Lonely Beast ABC” – Kirkus
- Winner of the FWA Mobile of The Day Award
The Lonely Beast 123 is a new number adventure made by Chris, James and Simon, creators of The Lonely Beast ABC. The Beast’s hands are too big and hairy to use pencils, so they help with drawing and colouring in from a small shed at the end of the garden. Their first app, The Lonely Beast ABC, featured in an iPad TV commercial, was winner of the Editor’s Choice Award from Children’s Tech Review, and a finalist for the Bologna Ragazzi Digital Award at the Bologna Children’s Book Fair.
They are also very good at counting.
Follow us on Twitter – @LonelyBeastApps
Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/thelonelybeastabc
What's New in Version 1.01
Fixed a bug where the app became sluggish over time on some devices. Just say 'NO' to slugs.
Super cute and fun!!!
What a cute app for littles! (and us bigs too!!)
Great one to one counting, cute graphics, fun sounds and some funny surprises that will have everyone laughing!
The littles will have fun tapping around each page to count and see what happens! I think this is one of the cutest and fun "book" apps for kids I've gotten yet, get it. You won't regret it!!
The 3 and 4 year olds with whom I work love this app! They enjoy finding the monster and I appreciate the pace of the counting: reinforces 1:1 correspondence as well as quantitative reasoning. The sound effects and the interactive nature of the images facilitate the children's desire to play and practice skills. Thank you!
Perfect for kids between 1 and 3, but even 4s and 5s will enjoy the gratifying sound as they count off each object. It could have more interactive features, but simple is actually a very good thing in a counting app. The sounds in this are great.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 27, 2014
- Version: 1.01
- Size: 72.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: James Kelleher
- © 2013 Chris Judge
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.