Metropolitan Museum of Art Navigator
By Metani, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find your way through the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC! Search famous paintings or sculptures and see their locations on the map. Enter your room number and instantly find the gallery you are in. See what new exhibits are being shown at the museum and how long they'll be on display.
*** IN THE TOP CHARTS FOR NAVIGATION ***
With over 50 items from the permanent museum collection in the application you can visit galleries featuring armor and weapons, see musical instruments, sculptures from around the world and ceramic and metal pieces from various historical periods. Over 60 paintings selected for the application include some of the most famous works by Giotto, Raphael, Botticelli, Rubens, Picasso, van Gogh, Manet and Cezanne.
The museum's constantly changing array of exhibits shown for a limited amount of time is a must see for anyone visiting. These continuously updated exhibits focus on specifics of art and culture from both ancient and modern periods.
Additional Features Include
- high quality photos of selected items from the museum collection
- open hours and contact information
- search screen to find room numbers, exhibits and collections
- dynamic maps of every floor
This application is not affiliated with the Metropolitan Museum of Art. This project is a single developer's attempt to provide a way to easily navigate around the museum and have a way to quickly check the latest exhibits. Your feedback and suggestions for improvements is greatly appreciated. Enjoy!
What's New in Version 1.2.0
- New Museum hours
- Reopened European Painting galleries
- Maps highlight the special exhibit sections
- Confirmation popup prior to calling the museum
Could be MUCH better
1. The exhibition list does not update - still shows exhibit that has ended, and also doesn't include all exhibits.
2. You can locate a particular work of art, and app gives you photo of the art, but no information about it!
3. Doesn't work with Location Services - the "Where are you" section just gives map if you input the room number -- the app would be so, so much better if it could automatically locate where you are and then tell you about the art where you are standing.
Stuck in Philly -- Wish I was at the MET!
I'd like to be able to access the Museum Store. However, being able to view so much, since I cannot get to NYC, it's still wonderful. Thank you.
A good start
What's there is great. Yes, virtual membership card would be nice. But collection category really needs to get bumped up! No Vermeer? No Matisse? No Duccio? As this section grows, this could turn into a very nice app.