Grab is Southeast Asia's #1 ride-hailing app, food delivery service, and cashless payment solution all in one. Get the most convenient booking service for private cars and taxis from the largest community of drivers in the region, food delivery from your favourite restaurants to satisfy any craving, and cashless payments in-app and at merchants across the city. Whatever you need, Grab has you covered.
Grab's wide selection of services are available in 8 Southeast Asian countries (services vary by city):
• JustGrab: Get the nearest car or taxi at an affordable upfront fixed fare
• GrabCar, GrabCar 6: Affordable everyday private car or luxury ride; ride solo or with a crew up to 3 or 6; book a single ride or rent by the hour
• GrabBike: On-demand bike service; best choice to beat traffic quickly and safely
• GrabTaxi: Get a taxi with an upfront fixed fare wherever you are, whenever you want
• GrabShare: Share a ride with another party headed in the same direction and save money
• GrabTrike: Three-wheeled transport option which provides convenience and flexibility with upfront fixed fares
• GrabHitch: Social carpooling; Schedule your ride in advance and get a shared lift
• GrabFamily: Family-friendly ride with a child booster seat for your little ones
• GrabAssist: Extra assistance ride for seniors or people with disabilities
• GrabCoach: Book a minivan or bus whenever, wherever you need it
• GrabFood: Order from your favourite restaurant and get meals delivered to your doorstep
• GrabExpress: Affordable, fast and reliable courier service with insurance for your items
• GrabFresh: Handpicked groceries delivered from store to door within an hour or at a scheduled time
• GrabPay: A safe and secure mobile wallet where you can easily pay for your rides, food delivery, and at local merchants with just a few taps on the Grab app
• GrabRewards: Earn rewards points for every dollar you spend and use them to redeem awesome deals in the GrabRewards catalogue
• Stream your favorite movies and TV shows on the go with a new Video tile for Platinum members in Indonesia
• Discover new restaurants that will satisfy your cravings with new categories to browse lists of relevant restaurants. Available in Indonesia, the Philippines, and Thailand
• Conveniently pay for rides, food orders and deliveries using your ATM cards in Vietnam (Supported banks: SCB, OCB, SHB, HDBank, MSB, VietCapital Bank)
Ratings and Reviews
Uber must have messed up bad here
Aside from Uber’s terrible business practices, they were very useful with their app. It was rarely glitchy and support came along rather quickly to resolve issues as a driver and a rider.
I heard Uber folded to Grab and wondered how much better is this app for Uber to fold? No idea. Drivers keep missing turns. App saying our driver is cancelled and having to rebook apparently didn’t let the driver know since they called us wondering where we were. Wait times listed at 15 minutes came in 2, 5 minutes in 40, etc. it’s rather atrocious. Folks who lefts earlier than I did were not at their destination.
Now to support- I submitted a support while in the USA asking why I can’t add my credit card. I got a a form letter saying someone will look at it then a letter saying no one looks at that email address. What? Fine. (Apparently you have to be in a supported country for Grab Pay to work. Got it. I didn’t find that on their website.) In Cambodi, we took a tuk tuk using Grab. At the end of the ride, the driver asked for cash even tho I had my card attached. I guess he didn’t have it set up. Whatever, I’ll dispute with Grab. Once the ride was done, the payment wouldn’t go through and my GrabPay locked up. Submitted a support ticket and it asked me to keep trying and then send them a screen shot of the error. Done. That was 2 days ago. That’s rather terrible. I never thought I’d say I missed Uber. But alas, here I am.
Developer Response ,
Hi vwxander, we have previously reached out to you on email about this and have already resolved the above mentioned issue. Do reach out yo us through the Help Centre on our app if you have any questions. Thanks!
Interface and service worse than Uber, so many pop ups
Every time you open the app, there is a pop up advertisement. It gets annoying real fast. I don’t want Grab for your ads, I want it for the service. When it comes to the service, Uber was far superior, but then Uber in Southeast Asia sold to Grab. However, users are still left with the crappy Grab interface and worse service than Uber. It’s harder to get a taxi with Grab because it seems like Grab let’s the drivers decide whether to accept your request or not, unlike Uber which would assign requests. As a result, I’ve spent 5-10 minutes trying to get a Grab without success, probably because I wasn’t going somewhere central. Further, it does not appear that Grab has brought into its system the many Uber drivers. The number of drivers actually seems somehow fewer than when you had both Uber and Grab in Thailand. I’m forced to use Grab because there’s no competitor, but the experience is sub par. I’ve also been trying to add another credit card for over a month, and every time Grab gives me a random error saying it can’t save. I use this card on every other App I use. How hard is it for a company to mess up the capability to add a credit card? For Grab, it’s pretty easy.
Good, Not Great
Grab is a decent app, especially when compared to its biggest competitor GO-JEK. I am currently living in Indonesia for work, but have only been here a short time and so have not learned the language (yet). I LOVE that the Grab app includes automatic translation for me, which makes it hugely preferable for me when choosing between Grab and GO-JEK. I also feel that (just in my experience) the Grab drivers are consistently friendlier and more professional.
On the other hand, the Grab app is not always reliable. It is often slow to launch (3-4 minutes), and has on occasion crashed entirely while en route, causing the driver to ask me for directions even though I had never been to the place we were going before. I also had been paying by card through the app, and when it crashed I had to scramble to come up with cash to pay the driver. (I even checked my card in the coming days to see if the transaction would go through later—it did not.)
Overall this is a decent app. As a foreigner it makes my life easier most of the time. It could definitely use some improvement though.
- GRABTAXI HOLDINGS PTE. LTD.
- 413.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Burmese, Cambodian, Indonesian, Malay, Simplified Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © GrabTaxi Holdings
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.