Splinter Cell Blacklist Spider-Bot
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Official companion for Ubisoft’s upcoming title : Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist. Control Spider-Bot, Sam Fisher’s most advanced infiltration gadget ever engineered.
• DOES NOT SUPPORT iPod Touch 4 or any previous device.
• Game available in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish.
*NEW* UNLOCK EXCLUSIVE BLACKLIST CONTENT (CONSOLE & PC)
Utilize the mobile currency you’ve earned in the Spider-Bot mobile app:
• Unlock Alpha Goggles for colorized thermal vision.
• Unlock Alpha Boots for increased protection against damage.
• Transfer mobile currency to your copy of Splinter Cell: Blacklist.
*NEW* CONTROL STRIKE-BOT
Play an OPSAT mini-game created by Charlie Cole as a stress reliever for Fourth Echelon operatives. Spider-Bot has infiltrated an enemy bot factory. Equipped with state of the art weaponry, Spider-Bot has become Strike-Bot. Battle through waves of enemies and reach the top of the 4E Leaderboards!
Infiltrate through 48 high security locations. Sneak past guards and security systems to take out Blacklist Scientists and steal their Intel. Master the Stealth-Bot to Ghost each mission and maximize your earnings!
Collect intel, navigate through high-security systems and earn Fourth Echelon currency. Get a head start in building up your bank account so you’ll be able to upgrade your game when Splinter Cell Blacklist is out.
BECOME A SPLINTER CELL
You are Sam Fisher.
Become a Splinter Cell with your mobile device exactly like Sam using his mobile OPSAT.
Navigate Spider-Bot through high-security systems made up of drones, lasers, and surprise enemies to collect intel and earn Fourth Echelon Currency.
PROVE YOU’RE THE BEST!
Login with Uplay to share your high scores and compete on the Uplay Leaderboards. Prove to your friends and the community that you are the best spy!
Upcoming app updates will include:
• Exclusive content for Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist on Console or PC
• New game mode release for Strike-Bot
Coming soon to your mobile device!!!
What's New in Version 1.2.5
1. New console select option allows you to choose which platform to transfer currency and unlocks. This solves an issue where the unlocks did not appear in the console game.
2. Improved texture loading shortens load times between levels and overall performance
3. Fixed small bug where position 1 in global leaderboards was sometimes obscured
I really want to give this game a 5
WIth a few minor tweaks, this game could easily go from aggravating to great. I play this on my iPad. The gameplay is a lot of fun, graphics are great, sound is great. What holds in back is control. If the following things were fixed, this game would be 5-star.
* Sure, the control pad adjusts to where you place your thumb for movement. Great! BUT, let me move it to the right side. If I could just adjust the placement of the UI items (just an option to say control on left vs control on right) so I could place movement to the right side and stealth to the left side, that would be great and far easier for me to use, I think.
* You often make me touch in the middle of the screen to dismiss a message. What a pain. I'm holding my iPad on the lower corners, now I have to let go to touch the middle. Just make it touch anywhere.
Really, just these two minor quibbles make the game a pain to play so I don't sit and play it for hours, which I would.
A few things
Pros: fun puzzles, decent action reminiscent of arcade-y dual joysticks games like Smash TV
Cons: IAP purchase prices are highway robbery (nothing new here); if you don't interact w/ the app for about a day, your login credentials expire while STILL displaying that you're logged in, which can fool you into believing you are still on the system & play the app but then Uplay LOSES your earned credits after you log back in. In my particular case, I should have accumulated about ~ 20K in credits but because I was unknowingly logged out Uplay only kept the ~9K credits I had when I was actually logged in. And when your IAP purchases are ridiculously priced, it actively discourages playing the app
tl;dr Fun app... if Uplay didn't interrupt the fun
UI control. Thumbs down.
The game is fun, but the UI control pad is really poorly designed. The control pad should be able to placed on the right side of the screen for people who play right handed, which is probably most people. It's too confusing to keep your hand on the left part if the screen if you use your right hand. Plus the pad moving is pretty confusing and inconsistent. Obviously movable so you can move it if it gets in the way. If it were able to be locked in the right corner bottom, it would be so much easier to play. Just a suggestion. Otherwise, it's fun AND challenging.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 27, 2013
- Version: 1.2.5
- Size: 124 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Ubisoft
- © 2013 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.