By Coptic Orthodox Diocese of the Southern USA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Coptic Reader is a mobile application that contains the liturgical text, rites, psalmodies, hymns, melodies, services, and sacraments of the Coptic Orthodox Church. See below for a full list of included content. Coptic Reader is not simply a text reader but rather it dynamically creates each document/service according to the rites of the current day, or selected day/feast. Coptic Reader builds each document on the fly with all appropriate hymns, rites and instructions to take the guess work out of the order of a church service.
Coptic Reader can generate documents in a combination of English, Arabic, and Coptic and supports both English and Arabic as the application interface language. Coptic Reader is fully customizable and allows you to show/hide different liturgical roles (i.e., Priest, Deacon, and Congregation), inaudible prayers, rubrics/comments, and languages.
You may choose between different graphical themes as well as change the document text size. A presentation mode is also supported that allows you to project the content in your church for a complete experience. The application also allows you to control which saint or archangel commemorations will be shown in doxologies, hymns, responses, and other prayers for your church's intercessors.
- Complete Bible including Coptic New Testament and Deuterocanonical books
- Book of Hours (Agpeya)
- Holy Psalmody including Midnight Praises, Vesper Praises, Morning Praises (Standard, Koiahk, Nativity, Theophany, Great Fast, Pentecostal, including all festal psalies)
- Antiphonary (Difnar)
- Divine Liturgies with integrated Service of the Deacons (St. Basil, St.Gregory, and St. Cyril, as well as Vespers and Matins service)
- Katameros (Sundays, Weekdays, Great Fast, Pentecostal, and feasts)
- Distribution Melodies
- Unction of the Sick
- Baptism Prayers
- Crowning and Engagement Prayers
- Pascha Prayers
- Prostration Prayers
- Liturgy of the Waters (Lakkan)
- Funerals (Men, Women, Boys, Girls, Monks, Memorials, and Prayer at the Tomb)
- Consecrations (Church, Vessels, Censers, Icons, Baptistery, Ordinations, Reception of a New Priest, and Home Blessing)
For more information about Coptic Reader, visit http://suscopts.org/wiki/Coptic_Reader
Please direct any comments or questions to:
What's New in Version 2.34
- Added missing Evnoti Nai Nan prayers to Consecration of the Baptistery.
- Added alternate Great Fast doxologies to weekends.
- Removed Great Fast psalies and Ode from weekday Midnight Praises.
- Added rites for Sunday Evening prayers during the Great Fast.
- No prostrations after prophecies are read on Lazarus Saturday.
- Added Arabic translation to one of the Agpeya prayers before communion.
- Changed Pascha Pauline Epistle Conclusion to the standard one.
- Removed redundant 'Glory be to God' in the Arabic Gospel of the 12 Hour of the Agpeya.
- Added Benediction to the Clergy Menu.
Greatest App Ever
Just wanted to take the time to say thank you to all the people that put time and effort into making this app!! This app by far is the greatest app that could be downloaded on any device.. THANK YOU :)
if you're coptic - you NEED this app
GREATEST coptic app ever! literally has everything you need! thank you so so so much to all those working on this app and may God bless your service!!
Easy, Simple, and HIGH Quality!
Thank you SO much for this app! It contains everything one can need and presents it in such an attractive and well-organized manner!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Apr 09, 2014
- Version: 2.34
- Size: 28.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate D
- © Coptic Orthodox Diocese of the Southern USA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Melodies and Distribution Hymns$4.99
- Crowning Prayers$1.99
- Unction of the Sick$1.99