By Coptic Orthodox Diocese of the Southern USA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Coptic Reader is a mobile application that contains the liturgical text, rites, psalmodies, hymns, melodies, services, and sacraments of the Coptic Orthodox Church. See below for a full list of included content. Coptic Reader is not simply a text reader but rather it dynamically creates each document/service according to the rites of the current day, or selected day/feast. Coptic Reader builds each document on the fly with all appropriate hymns, rites and instructions to take the guess work out of the order of a church service.
Coptic Reader can generate documents in a combination of English, Arabic, and Coptic and supports both English and Arabic as the application interface language. Coptic Reader is fully customizable and allows you to show/hide different liturgical roles (i.e., Priest, Deacon, and Congregation), inaudible prayers, rubrics/comments, and languages.
You may choose between different graphical themes as well as change the document text size. A presentation mode is also supported that allows you to project the content in your church for a complete experience. The application also allows you to control which saint or archangel commemorations will be shown in doxologies, hymns, responses, and other prayers for your church's intercessors.
- Complete Bible including Coptic New Testament and Deuterocanonical books
- Book of Hours (Agpeya)
- Holy Psalmody including Midnight Praises, Vesper Praises, Morning Praises (Standard, Koiahk, Nativity, Theophany, Great Fast, Pentecostal, including all festal psalies)
- Antiphonary (Difnar)
- Divine Liturgies with integrated Service of the Deacons (St. Basil, St.Gregory, and St. Cyril, as well as Vespers and Matins service)
- Katameros (Sundays, Weekdays, Great Fast, Pentecostal, and feasts)
- Distribution Melodies
- Unction of the Sick
- Baptism Prayers
- Crowning and Engagement Prayers
- Pascha Prayers
- Prostration Prayers
- Liturgy of the Waters (Lakkan)
- Funerals (Men, Women, Boys, Girls, Monks, Memorials, and Prayer at the Tomb)
- Consecrations (Church, Vessels, Censers, Icons, Baptistery, Ordinations, Reception of a New Priest, and Home Blessing)
For more information about Coptic Reader, visit http://suscopts.org/wiki/Coptic_Reader
Please direct any comments or questions to:
What's New in Version 2.31
- NEW CONTENT: Added Liturgy of the Waters (Lakkan) for the Apostles' Feast.
- NEW CONTENT: Added Joyous Saturday service (Vigil of the Apocalypse) under Pascha Menu.
- Updated psalm titles in Agpeya to include the first few words of the psalm.
- Added melodies for St. Joseph the Carpenter, St. Barbara, and a second melody for St. Demiana.
- Added hiten verse for St. Paul the Hermit.
- Added Evangelist name to the Gospel Introduction.
- Fixed arabic text issues in Matthew 24.
- Changed incorrect translation of Archangel Suriel's verse of the cymbals.
- Made changes in wording of English to keep verses of the cymbals and doxologies consistent
- Typographical corrections in Agpeya and Oranenshosho.
- Corrected order of priest's invocation in Engagement.
- Removed repeated verse in St. Paul's doxology.
- Correction of readings reference in Theophany Lakkan.
- Added missing Teno-ousht before Pauline in Crowning Prayer.
- Display Fraction for St. John the Baptist for the Feast of the Theophany.
- Removed repeated text from synaxarion of Tobe 20.
- Minor updates to Baptism prayers.
- Capitalized 'Him' in Second Hoos.
- Fixed Coptic typo in Psalm 107.
- Made corrections to Theophany Liturgy of the Waters.
- Changed 'have baptized' to 'were baptized'.
- Use full litany of the gospel for most prayers.
- Don't display annual Midnight Praises psalies on Feasts of the Lord.
I love this app
It is so easy to use
And helps me a lot
Thank you for making this app available for iPhone
Please see if you can add "highlight & copy" feature so it can be easy to get any text from the app
That is wonderful work
That is wonderful work. We use it in all of our churches here in US. It is the biggest Christian library I have ever seen with all accurate and Coptic language. God bless who worked on developing this App.
Amazing app! I am amazed at the functionality and smoothness of how this app performs. It is top notch in my opinion. God bless the hard work of the developers and everybody that helped put it together.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Feb 13, 2014
- Version: 2.31
- Size: 27.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate D
- © Coptic Orthodox Diocese of the Southern USA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Melodies and Distribution Hymns$4.99
- Unction of the Sick$1.99
- Crowning Prayers$1.99