By Coptic Orthodox Diocese of the Southern USA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Coptic Reader is a mobile application that contains the liturgical text, rites, psalmodies, hymns, melodies, services, and sacraments of the Coptic Orthodox Church. See below for a full list of included content. Coptic Reader is not simply a text reader but rather it dynamically creates each document/service according to the rites of the current day, or selected day/feast. Coptic Reader builds each document on the fly with all appropriate hymns, rites and instructions to take the guess work out of the order of a church service.
Coptic Reader can generate documents in a combination of English, Arabic, and Coptic and supports both English and Arabic as the application interface language. Coptic Reader is fully customizable and allows you to show/hide different liturgical roles (i.e., Priest, Deacon, and Congregation), inaudible prayers, rubrics/comments, and languages.
You may choose between different graphical themes as well as change the document text size. A presentation mode is also supported that allows you to project the content in your church for a complete experience. The application also allows you to control which saint or archangel commemorations will be shown in doxologies, hymns, responses, and other prayers for your church's intercessors.
- Complete Bible including Coptic New Testament and Deuterocanonical books
- Book of Hours (Agpeya)
- Holy Psalmody including Midnight Praises, Vesper Praises, Morning Praises (Standard, Koiahk, Nativity, Theophany, Great Fast, Pentecostal, including all festal psalies)
- Antiphonary (Difnar)
- Divine Liturgies with integrated Service of the Deacons (St. Basil, St.Gregory, and St. Cyril, as well as Vespers and Matins service)
- Katameros (Sundays, Weekdays, Great Fast, Pentecostal, and feasts)
- Distribution Melodies
- Unction of the Sick
- Baptism Prayers
- Crowning and Engagement Prayers
- Pascha Prayers
- Prostration Prayers
- Liturgy of the Waters (Lakkan)
- Funerals (Men, Women, Boys, Girls, Monks, Memorials, and Prayer at the Tomb)
- Consecrations (Church, Vessels, Censers, Icons, Baptistery, Ordinations, Reception of a New Priest, and Home Blessing)
For more information about Coptic Reader, visit http://suscopts.org/wiki/Coptic_Reader
Please direct any comments or questions to:
What's New in Version 2.43
- Updated readings for Koiahk 23 for the commemoration of King David the Prophet.
- Added prayers for St. John the Evangelist, St. Mary of Egypt, Martyrs of Akmim, St. Simon the Tanner, St. Arsenius, St. Bashnouna, St. Noper the Anchorite, St. John the Baptist, and St. Julius of Ekbehs.
- Fixed typo in 2 Maccabees 7:34. Fixed Coptic Liturgy Psalm for 2nd Sunday of Hathor.
- Grammar/punctuation/capitalization fixes.
Good app, but missing something
This is a great app that puts most of the Coptic resources in one place. It lacks a single resource for glorification hymns and spiritual songs and I would love to see that added to the app.
Thanks for making this app!
Teeshepehmot Entoten Emmashou
Really can't thank the team who worked in this app enough to acknowledge the FANTASTIC work they are doing with this app!
I am never convinced by using any church books except the really old versions of جمعية نهضة الكنائس and إيبارشية بنى سويف and دلال أسبوع آلام تكلاهيمانوت بالإسكندرية..you know these big old books with old style printing? they are the best, and I used to pray with these old books and were very BIG and heavy, yet the most comprehensive and accurate.
Until i found this app which ASTONISHED me! such beautiful execution, organized sequence, easy customizability, simple appearance, and HUGE content!!
Using Apple TV, I switched the congregation and deacons display screens in our church to using this app from an iPad, and no more laptops and jumping between slides and presentations to find content!
The way this app addresses the need of Clergy, Deacons, congregation members, and even kids is just awesome.
I would really like to personally thank the team of developers, designers, and content editors behind such UNIQUE app and EXTREME effort!
1- Revising the readings and homilies of The Holy Week Pascha hours because they are inconsistent among different publications (and since you are the only and best Coptic app that is used at all Churches worldwide, then you have that responsibility because you became a reference to everyone, in addition that you might help unify all the readings and methods of prayer in all الكرازة المرقسية)
2- Keeping the app updates with all changes, updates, and additions that are approved by The Holy Synod, for example: The New Fraction of The Fast of Virgin Mary written by H.G Bishop Raphael, and the new readings for 23 Koiahk...etc.)
Again Thank You million times for such an exceptional app.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jan 09, 2015
- Version: 2.43
- Size: 33.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate D
- © Coptic Orthodox Diocese of the Southern USA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Melodies and Distribution Hymns$4.99
- Crowning Prayers$1.99
- Unction of the Sick$1.99