Video Crop & Zoom
By Francis Bonnin
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Video Crop & Zoom allows you to crop your videos in an easy and precise way.
Why would you do that?
* You want to remove a person or an object from a video. Crop your video to make this part invisible.
* You need to straighten a video in order to fix the horizon.
* You have recorded a video with a portrait orientation and you would like to change it to a landscape orientation.
* You want to add small effects to your video, like a zoom-in to someone's face, shortly followed by a zoom-out to a larger general view.
* You want to keep the best of your video only, cropping the main part of it, and removing the superfluous.
* You want to crop your video with a specific constrain (square, 4x3, 16x9 , ...) or some precise dimension (580p, 1080p, ...) before sending it to your TV or your favourite social service.
Videos can be imported from your device in different ways.
You can also connect your iDevice to iTunes in order to drag and drop other videos (iTunes file sharing feature).
An animated and original user interface allows you to crop (and zoom and rotate), if necessary, every frame of the video independently.
An interpolation will be done automatically between each of your modifications, in order to scale and move progressively the crop area.
This application can run, on your iPhone and your iPad, as a standalone application, or as an Action Extension (from the compatible applications like the Photo app).
Portrait and Landscape orientations are supported in all screens.
What's New in Version 2.0
This new 2.0 version brings compatibility to a lot of great iOS 9 features :
* New : Photo Cloud compatibility. All your videos, even the ones in the cloud can be used in the app.
* New : 3D Touch support. A new Quick Action is available in the main screen : open the most recent video in your Camera Roll.
* New : Live Photos support. It is possible to open the video part included in a Live Photo, like you are used to do it with your videos.
* New : Extensions : A live Photo can also be imported directly from other applications like the Photo app.
* New : iPad Pro compatibility. Enjoy the app on the big screen of your iPad Pro.
* New : Multitasking support. Thanks to Split View, use another application at the same time. The layout of the app is adjusted accordingly.
* New : App Thinning & bitcode support. The disk space taken by the app has been highly reduced.
* New : Possibility to precisely define the cropped area size in pixels size (of the input video).
* Various fixes and improvements.
If you like this application, don't forget to add/update your reviews.
Thank you for your support !
Most useful video tool
This app is a gem filling key missing gap of all video apps. It allows you to make selection of your video (crop mask), and animate it through key points in position, size and rotation through the video.
The result is video focused on the action you are interested in, compensating for the missing zoom lens on iPhone.
Fantastic, useful, simple! Delivers exactly what is needed. Big "thank you" to the authors. You guys have made video editing on iPhone into a totally new game.
If you will ever think about upgrades, few simple should be a reset of the animated mask to basics position (no rotation, possibly full size) and maybe some outline of the previous and following key point mask (in different color, so I can see how I have moved).
Advanced may stabilization and point tracking, which actually may not be that big challenge as good libraries for both exist, and you have everything else in place so you can add it. Thanks again. I used to sell Profi editing systems 15y ago, and such feature was worth $100k in advanced Avid systems.
A must for video editing
Allows you to pan, zoom and rotate by defining any frame then it takes care of morphing all the frames between. I use this along with another app to animate stills by panning and zooming. I also used it to create a smooth pan of a time lapse video with outstanding results.
📢 Very Good App 🏆
📢 This app works very well on my iPhone 6 & 6 Plus, iPad 2 on iOS 9. And this is the opinion of a long-term use of many years. I rate this app. 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 17, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 15.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Francis Bonnin
- © PacoLabs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.