By Vladimir Hrincar
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"A Brilliant and Refreshing Puzzler."
- Eric Ford, Touch Arcade, 4.5/5
"Lums is a physics puzzler that gives the player an astounding amount of agency, which makes it so much more fun than other, luck-based physics puzzlers."
- Carter Dotson, 148 Apps, 4.5/5 + Editor's Choice
"Lums demonstrates that there's still some originality left in the dark corners of the physics-based puzzle genre."
- Nadia Oxford, Pocket Gamer, 8/10 + Silver Award
The Vampires invaded Lums world. The only way to stop them is to destroy their hideouts in the shadows and expose them to the light.
Use 5 different Lums in this beautiful action physics puzzle game. Destroy everything with Cannonball Lum, create spotlights with Light Lum, use Antigravity Lum to make their hideouts fly away, or turn them into glass by using Transparent Lum. Sometimes you just need to turn everything into stone. Stone Lum can handle that.
If you can't solve a level, don't worry. You can still use the Nuke Bomb to destroy everything.
- First game on the App Store with physically realistic realtime 2D soft shadows
- Completely new type of intuitive and very precise controls which are designed to work on touch devices only
- Organic dark world full of small details
- 5 characters with very different abilities
- 60 unique levels (and more coming)
- 180 stars to collect
- More than 45 achievements
- Leaderboards for best players
What's New in Version 1.1.0
- Universal app support (Lums HD now runs on iPhone and iPod Touch devices too!)
- New "Back into the darkness" episode with 12 underground levels
- 5 new achievements
- New High Score label in results screen
- Small performance improvements here and there
- Minor fixes like typo in info label, hidden skip-to-next-level button, etc.
I can’t remember the last time I was so surprised by a game. I almost didn’t get it based on the screenshots that made it look like another Angry Birds clone. I am so tired of that genre. Lums is very different. You have precise control of the flights of several different types of “Lums”. One just knocks things over, one turns bricks to glass, one reverses gravity, etc. Your goal is to manipular the environment so that light hits vampires that are scattered throughout the level. It’s usually not too difficult to finish a level, but to finish a level while collecting all three stars is an entirely different situation. I usually find myself thinking, “This is impossible!” until I have my “Ah ha!” moment and realize what I have to do. I really hope they continue to release new levels. This is possibly my favorite iOS gams of 2013.
I kept an open mind and was not disappointed
If I were to say that this game is like Angry birds I would be lying because it's better, in my opinion. This game is pretty amazing, fun, challenging, and cool because it has a fun little story, it's mechanics run quick and smooth, and it is much more challenging than angry birds. I love this game and I hope that more levels come out!
What a fantastic game! While it doesn't exactly parallel Angry Birds, there are definite similarities. However, Lums is so much better than Angry Birds. The mood, the music, the general ambiance, and the discharging of the attack (no sling-shot) are all different. Plus you're killing vampires, not little piggies. Lums is pure genius. If Angry Birds is 2.99, Lums is worth at least double that!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 11, 2013
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 24.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Vladimir Hrincar
- © Hyperbolic Magnetism
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 4 nukes$0.99
- Early unlock of episode 2$0.99
- Early unlock of episode 4$0.99
- Early unlock of episode 3$0.99
- 10 nukes$1.99
- 28 nukes$3.99
- 18 nukes$2.99