OWA for iPad
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IMPORTANT: You need to have the latest update of Office 365 for business to use this app. If you’re not sure about your account status, please contact your IT department before installing.
With OWA for iPad you can:
Get work done faster with email
- Organize your email quickly with Conversation View, Mark as Junk, Flag, and Categories
- Quickly search or browse email in all folders including Outlook Favorites
Manage your schedule with ease
- Schedule meetings using attendee free/busy and room finder
- View shared calendars including delegate support
- Use your voice to look up a contact or bring up your schedule
Keep business data secure
- Remote wipe erases only your corporate data in OWA for iPad and leaves your personal data on the device alone
- Separate passcode for OWA for iPad provides an additional layer of security
- The mailbox must be on the latest update of Office 365 for business or Exchange Online
- iPad must be iPad 2 or higher and have iOS 6 or higher
What's New in Version 1.0.12
- Minor bug fixes
Better than other interfaces to Exchange
Program works pretty well and does what it is designed for most of the time. A lot of previously bugs have been worked out. I use this for a quick substitute to access my company email without having to use the full blown computer. I like how the calendar and email are combined similar to the full blown Outlook. This makes appointments and meeting request functionality better than using separate apps.
This is a bit harder to work with than the desktop version, but it is good for quick access to email on the iPad. Used with Office 365, this provides a lot of good functionality where lots of productivity can be accomplished.
I would rather use the standard email programs for the iPhone, but I also don't expect full functionality with the iPhone apps. This provides functionality for the iPad better than the standard iOS interface.
Windows 8 or iOS?
I'm not sure why the OWA developers want to create an app for iOS that doesn't work like an iOS app. It uses non-standard menus for things like adding a calendar event, which sometimes don't work properly. Font size can't be changed, which leaves you with the default Windows 8 fonts that are both way too large and way too small in certain places. Functionality, not appearance, should be the focus. Currently, it fails in this respect. On a technical note, you cannot search the calendar, which is a significant issue for me. The inclusion of the "All, flagged, To me" filters at the top of email inboxes is useless, and far too large. Hide filters in a menu, as apple mail does for those that use these features.
Nice except chokes on opening some URLs
Works nice and integrates well with OWA. Biggest problem I have found is that it seems to choke on some URLs, particularly those that are long, e.g. to an IronPort's list of impounded messages or a validation of a subscription to a WordPress site.
It continues to choke on complex URL's that have redirection, e.g. Nuzzle.
It also handles the whole permission to display in line URLs badly. Many times when checking to always allow displaying the URLs it invokes the web browser to go off to a site and even in these cases it does not remember that the link has already been clicked previously even though that is what it promises.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 09, 2015
- Version: 1.0.12
- Size: 30.7 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.