OWA for iPad
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IMPORTANT: You need to have the latest update of Office 365 for business to use this app. If you’re not sure about your account status, please contact your IT department before installing.
With OWA for iPad you can:
Get work done faster with email
- Organize your email quickly with Conversation View, Mark as Junk, Flag, and Categories
- Quickly search or browse email in all folders including Outlook Favorites
Manage your schedule with ease
- Schedule meetings using attendee free/busy and room finder
- View shared calendars including delegate support
- Use your voice to look up a contact or bring up your schedule
Keep business data secure
- Remote wipe erases only your corporate data in OWA for iPad and leaves your personal data on the device alone
- Separate passcode for OWA for iPad provides an additional layer of security
- The mailbox must be on the latest update of Office 365 for business or Exchange Online
- iPad must be iPad 2 or higher and have iOS 6 or higher
What's New in Version 1.0.12
- Minor bug fixes
Windows 8 or iOS?
I'm not sure why the OWA developers want to create an app for iOS that doesn't work like an iOS app. It uses non-standard menus for things like adding a calendar event, which sometimes don't work properly. Font size can't be changed, which leaves you with the default Windows 8 fonts that are both way too large and way too small in certain places. Functionality, not appearance, should be the focus. Currently, it fails in this respect. On a technical note, you cannot search the calendar, which is a significant issue for me. The inclusion of the "All, flagged, To me" filters at the top of email inboxes is useless, and far too large. Hide filters in a menu, as apple mail does for those that use these features.
Much improved and great for work
I own my on business and constantly on email and calendar from my office to the field and this works great and have had next to no issues which will surprise a fair amount for a Microsoft product. Seems like they are getting their act together (fingers crossed). Calendar email, and contacts ingrate well on iOS systems. Would have given five stars if they had the tasks/todo list from desktop on this which would be very helpful, have to rely on iOS task app. For that.
Latest version is better than last rev.
I reinstalled the latest version a week ago. The rev before just didn't work, at all. This one does, for the most part. There are still frequent crashes, but that is typical of most Microsoft offerings on any platform. The rest of the time it does what it's supposed to, providing access to both Exchange based email and calendar data in one place, which the iOS mail app does not do.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 09, 2015
- Version: 1.0.12
- Size: 11.1 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.