Moose Math - by Duck Duck Moose
By Duck Duck Moose, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introductory Price! Moose Math engages kids in a mathematical adventure and teaches counting, addition, subtraction, sorting, geometry and more. While playing 5 multi-level activities in the Moose Juice Store, Puck’s Pet Shop and Lost & Found, kids can earn rewards to help build their own city and decorate buildings. Moose Math introduces a new whimsical group of Duck Duck Moose characters, The Dust Funnies, who help with mastering math skills. Moose Math is aligned with Common Core State Standards for Kindergarten and 1st Grade and includes a Report Card section where parents and teachers can monitor progress and find additional skill-building activities. AGES: 3-8.
PLAY CATEGORY: Early Learning/Curriculum
Moose Math features 5 engaging math activities:
1) MOOSE JUICE: Make smoothies while practicing counting, addition and subtraction
2) PAINT PET: Match the pets by counting the number of dots
3) PET BINGO: Solve addition, subtraction and counting problems to get BINGO
4) LOST & FOUND: Learn and sort through shapes and colors
5) DOT TO DOT: Help the Dust Funny find his way home by joining the dots
Kids will learn the following math skills based on Common Core State Standards:
- Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities
- Solve word problems and algebraic thinking
- Practice number pattern recognition
- Count by 1’s, 2’s, 5’s and 10’s
- Master counting to 100
ADDITION & SUBTRACTION:
- Add and subtract by 1’s, 2’s, 5’s and 10’s
- Add and subtract up to 20
- Learn to add and subtract with numbers, dice and rekenrek racks
- Master geometry at Kindergarten and First Grade levels
- Learn to identify and recognize shapes
- Understand and compare lengths
PARENT REPORTING: Includes a Report Card section where parents and teachers can monitor progress for each child and learn about new skill-building activities.
DEVELOPED WITH EDUCATORS:
- Developed in conjunction with Stanford University Educator, Jennifer DiBrienza, PhD in -
Early Elementary Education and former NYC public school teacher (K-Grade 2)
COMMON CORE STANDARDS: K.CC.1, K.CC.2, K.CC.4, K.CC.6, K.OA.1, K.OA.2, K.OA.5, K.MD.2, K.MD.3, K.G.2, K.G.3, K.G.4, 1.OA.1, 1.OA.2, 1.OA.6
Duck Duck Moose, an award-winning creator of educational apps for children, was founded in 2008 by three parents who share a passion for children, education, music, design and play. To date, we have created 17 top-selling titles and have won 15 Parents’ Choice awards, 15 Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Awards and a KAPi award for the “Best Children’s App” at the International Consumer Electronics Show. We work with educators and play-test with children to ensure our apps are frustration-free for little fingers and full of whimsy, wonder and educational content for all to enjoy.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Updates and fixes for iOS7.
To see all ratings and reviews for this app, please select ALL VERSIONS.
Lots of fun & very educational but limited
The only reason this is getting a 4 stars instead of 5 stars is that the games are so wonderful my 5 year old doesn't want to stop playing. Because of this she "mastered" almost all the games in the first few days. I wish they would update and add more modules every so often. If the child could earn more stores/additions to the town as they master levels this would be a 5 plus app.
In short -- this is a great app but could do with being more robust.
My 5 year old loves my iPad, but often won't play an educational game for more than 5 min before he wants to quit (though he will play other games much longer if allowed). Numbers, in particular, have been hard to get him to practice. He loves Moose Math and wants to play all the time! He even enjoys doing the worksheets that I printed off!
Going to try the Reading app next.
Math skills disguised as fun game!
My 5 yr old loves this game so much-- It's an engaging, fun, colorful app that reinforces math skills, without the kiddo even realizing it (muhuhwahwa!)
Also, kudos to customer svc-- I had a problem loading the app and they quickly corrected things for me. A++++++++
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 14, 2013
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 101 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Duck Duck Moose, Inc.
- © Duck Duck Moose, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.