The Blockheads Server
By Majic Jungle Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Please note - this is not the full playable game of The Blockheads, but a server app to allow people on iOS devices to play together.
With this server app, up to 32 players can play The Blockheads together in persistent online worlds. Simply create a new world, give it a name, choose a port and hit start. Then anyone playing The Blockheads on your local network can connect, and (if your firewall allows) so can anyone online.
For more information about The Blockheads, please visit theblockheads.net
What's New in Version 1.5
ART, TRADE & ARCHITECTURE! Build more interesting structures with new stone and metal COLUMNS. Build STAIRCASES and super speedy electric ELEVATORS to quickly move between floors. Paint new PAINTINGS and take any picture from your photo library to hang on your wall! Craft or find new TRADE PORTALS which open up a whole new world of trade for both single player and multiplayer games. Buy or sell almost any item on the global market, every transaction influences the price at every trade portal for every player! Buy low and sell high, add value by manufacturing and selling advanced items, or simply sell all your unwanted stuff and spend up on everything you need!
On top of all this, there are a bunch of new items including steel SPOTLIGHTS and a new stronger bow with poison arrows, and a new creature - SCORPIONS, and plenty of other improvements and fixes. There is a new tutorial to help out new players. And due to popular demand, blockheads can now die. But don’t worry, you can let them regenerate at the portal and they even keep most of what they were carrying. Also, if it was feeling a little crowded, new multiplayer worlds can now be up to 16x larger!
- New trade portals allow buying and selling items on a global marketplace with all other Blockheads players
- A new tutorial to help out new players starting a single player world
- Adds recent server list for connecting to online servers
- New scorpions can be found in the desert, and are particularly active at night
- Blockheads can now die, but can regenerate at the portal
- Craft paintings using any picture you like from your camera roll
- New stairs and columns for decoration and to make moving between floors easier
- New fast and convenient electric elevators
- New golden bow & poison arrows
- You can now paint ladders, beds, chests, shelves, display cabinets, safes, signs and shops
- Many bug fixes and tweaks
Server specific features:
- Lowers memory usage and improves performance on servers with a large number of previous players
- Fixes memory leak when stopping and starting worlds
- Decreases Disk I/O by saving far less frequently which can massively improve server performance
- Fixes App Nap causing servers to become unresponsive in Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Fixes issue where server admins and moderators couldn’t kick players who had active blockheads but weren’t connected
- Fixes issues where a kicked/banned user’s blockheads may stay visible to other clients
- Fixes bug where admin players couldn’t remove shops
- Ladders, windows, lights, wires, beds, and gems can now only be removed by the player who placed them
- Adds support for large server worlds