Study Habits – Helping Students in High School & College Organize, Schedule, Learn & Succeed!
By Reginald Laigo
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*Finalist: Best App Ever for HS & College Students
*Top Rated productivity app in the App Store
*Featured on CBS/KCAL news & Press-Telegram
Created by a Doctor of Education (Ed.D), Study Habits is the first app to use Educational Psychology based learning & motivation strategies to help high school and college students manage their time, monitor their GPAs, and adopt effective study habits.
"Compared to its competitors, Study Habits provides the richest array of features and augments its planning capabilities with proven study aids. No other student planning app compares." -Edudemic
Find out what Study Habits can do and why it's widely regarded as a comprehensive tool for academic success!
…TEACHES EFFECTIVE STUDY STRATEGIES
• Create a study plan for each of your assignments and tests, then allows you to select study strategies to practice and learn
• Choose from 36 study strategies to address 6 important areas: memory, writing, reading comprehension, motivation, time management, and stress/anxiety
…TRACKS YOUR GRADES & GPA
• Calculate weighted or non-weighted assignments by points or percentages
• Automatically calculates your semester GPA
…ORGANIZES AND MANAGES YOUR TIME
• Displays your schedule and assignments in daily, weekly, and monthly views
• Clean, minimalistic design
• Prioritize assignments (low, medium, or high)
• Choose colors for different types of events
• Star assignments to view them in a chronological, list format
…REMINDS YOU ABOUT YOUR CLASSES AND ASSIGNMENTS
• Set reminder notifications for your classes, homework, or exams
• Provides a list of overdue study sessions to hold you accountable
…SYNCS INFORMATION FROM YOUR CALENDARS
• Sync information from iCal and other calendars, so you can add extracurricular activities, workout schedules, birthdays, and meetings without missing a beat
• Create iCal events directly from Study Habits - you will never have to toggle between iCal and Study Habits to create and view calendar events
…BACKS-UP YOUR DATA
• Easily send a backup file to your email with the touch of a button, so you'll never lose information if something’s wrong with your device
…HELPS YOU COMBAT PROCRASTINATION
• Create customized plans to study early and often
• Set reminders for your study sessions
• Practice strategies to help you study and learn
…MOTIVATES YOU TO SUCCEED
• Earn achievements and unlock levels (starting with the Freshman level) as you practice different study strategies
• Over 50 achievements to earn, 10 levels to unlock
...TRY IT YOURSELF TODAY!
What's New in Version 1.0.5
-Improvements and minor fixes
-Input assignments easier
-If you enjoy using Study Habits, please help us grow by leaving a review. Thank you!
I found this app to be very useful, it helps to get yourself organized and even guides you to form better study habits (as implied in the name). One thing I found useful was, you can add your own grades and find out your GPA. Another thing you can do with this app is create your calendar, for example if you are in college and you have a few classes today and one tomorrow you can adjust your schedule to your liking. All it takes is a little playing around with the app to get used to. It is worth the buy. The only concern I have that I would like to see fixed is to make adding assignments a little bit easier. (4 stars until they change some of the issues I came across)
Great concept, slightly buggy
This app makes it pretty easy to build a class schedule, add assignments, and set goals. I like how the habits are presented as achievements. I would give this five stars except that it doesn't seem to play well with multitasking on my iPad. The app will sometimes freeze if I switch to another app and then back, or if the iPad is locked, or sometimes if I use the 2x /1x button to increase the display size. This might be related to the recent release of iOS 10.0.2, maybe the authors will release an update to fix. One great feature is the ability to email yourself a backup file.
Love the updates!!
I'm pretty impressed with this app. The updates made it better then ever & it's become my go to app for organizing my assignments & studies. It stands apart from other student apps because it also helps you be a more effective student overall IMO. As a student with ADD, I'm very grateful for that.
The creator is a Dr of Education & very responsive. I explained a small situation I was having with the assignment area & an update included a great solution.
I have no affiliation with the developer. I just really think it's a stellar app & any student would find it useful.