FIRST 90 DAYS FREE for new users: APDL is the one and only airline pilot logbook app you'll ever need. Pilot logbook, comprehensive up to the minute legality calculations with complete 14 CFR Part 117 coverage, duty time management, crew tracking, schedule importing, automatic resume generation, alerts, and much more. Export flights at any time using the APDL.net airline pilot portal for extended features with Logbook Pro.
- APDL Toolkit makes schedule importing seamless with Safari browser integration and schedule change management
- Advanced Commute Tools directly integrated for ease of use
- Comprehensive Flight Search to aid in finding flights between airports
- Automatic Check Schedule system for FLICA users with change detection
- Extensive legality integration including What-If dynamic legality computations when delays occur and important real time decisions need to be made
- Comprehensive legality reports can be generated and sent to any recipient on demand using the iOS share features such as through messaging or email
- Color coded legality and projected delay information for real time status at all times
- Duty and rest charts and detail including color coded progress bars to show when nearing limits
- Schedule and Calendar views for month view duty review and navigation
- Automatic resume generation and sharing both within the app and on APDL.net with QR code support
- Data everywhere sync with automatic and included online backup keeps all devices running APDL up to date at all times
- Familiar trip sheet format with intuitive information at a glance in the format airline pilots know and love. View gates, ground/turn times, aircraft change indicators, and projected delays
- Customizable Status Board allows you to add/remove widgets and organize per your needs based on duty phase
- Cloud connected resources automatically retrieve gates, aircraft, and OOOI data making flight logging seamless and automated
- EDCT and other resources available per flight in Leg Resources
- Hotel management and van/shuttle departure alerts keep you from missing important events
- iOS integrated alerts help you with duty status, equipment changes, and other important duty events
- 3D touch integration for supported devices such as Peek and Pop and application shortcuts
- App access security via Touch ID or iOS passcode protects your schedule
- Calendar sync automatically syncs duty to your desired calendar in iOS
- CrossCheck data validator continually checks your data to ensure accurate and complete information is available for legality computations
- Weather map with route of flight, weather radar, and FAA alert overlays including real time weather information for any airfield
- Automatic night calculation
- Extensive settings to allow complete control of the app tailored to your needs
- Advanced search throughout the app and indexed quick jump links on right side of data areas
- Data is tied to your airline/employer so employment changes don't clutter your data
- Drill down information is available to easily lookup information such as flights flown with crewmembers, tails flown per aircraft, etc.
- On Time performance
- Extensive and informative Payroll and Summary views with date filtering
- Color coded indicators "lozenges" help to quickly identify status and information
- Alerts view shows a list of the latest information such as duty status, legal for duty, etc.
- Included schedule importer with over 200 supported airline formats, time zone support, and export functionality
- Automatic duty adjustments based on report/release configurations
- View weather forecast in Schedule and Calendar views
Subscriptions do not auto-renew. In-app purchases will be charged to your iTunes Account. Subscription terms and pricing may be found in the My Account area within the app.
APDL is a registered trademark of NC Software, Inc.
- iOS 12 support
- New: Logbook view (iPad only) now has a share button to export the logbook page with options of current page or current month
- New: Settings > Schedule Importer setting Open APDL on Toolkit Close to auto open APDL after importing trips in APDL Toolkit
- Crew forwarding will now forward crew to next legs even if crew is already populated allowing for crew change forwarding
- Improved weather radar background processing to refresh radar image updates automatically
- Approach type NONE is no longer persisted as an approach type
- Other various minor improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but could be better
It’s a bit convoluted at the moment. It’s hard to say whether it’s the fault of how overly complicated part 117 regulations are, or whether it’s the design of the app. Right now, it’s pretty difficult to just come up with a simple latest wheels up time. Also, the section to keep track of pay is of no use, since it has been horribly inaccurate for me. As a portable log book though, once I finally figured out how to sync with logbook pro, it works really well. If they come up with an easy button to sync with Logbook pro, it’ll be perfect for me.
The other bells and whistles are nice, but it’s almost trying to do too much. It’s a bit of a Jack of all trades, master of none situation. If I’m getting close to my drop dead time, I end up wasting so much time trying to interpret what this app is telling me so I usually just give up and use the ALPA 117 calculator instead. A lot of that could probably be solved by reading up or browsing the forums, but honestly we shouldn’t have to do that with a smartphone app. Focus on making a simple user interface before adding features and this will end up as the best logbook/part 117 tracker out there.
This app is a must for pilots. Extremely comprehensive, but intuitive, the software tracks your FDP and flight times per FAR 117 requirements and determines your legality to for your upcoming FDP. NC Software also makes it easy to migrate your actual flight times from your company’s Crew Planning software ; i.e., SkedPlus, etc. using the APDL Toolkit applet. I highly recommend this app for those still stuck in the dark ages using hard logbooks. It’s time to go digital!
Best logbook for airline pilots
If you are an airline pilot this is the best logbook for you. It is more than just a logbook. It's a lifestyle changer.
- NC Software, Inc.
- 112.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 NC Software, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- APDL 30 Days $9.99
- APDL 1 Year $99.99
- APDL 3 Months $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.