FIRST 90 DAYS FREE for new users: APDL is the one and only airline pilot logbook app you'll ever need. Pilot logbook, comprehensive up to the minute legality calculations with complete 14 CFR Part 117 coverage, duty time management, crew tracking, schedule importing, automatic resume generation, alerts, and much more. Export flights at any time using the APDL.net airline pilot portal for extended features with Logbook Pro.
- APDL Toolkit makes schedule importing seamless with Safari browser integration and schedule change management
- Advanced Commute Tools directly integrated for ease of use
- Comprehensive Flight Search to aid in finding flights between airports
- Automatic Check Schedule system for FLICA users with change detection
- Extensive legality integration including What-If dynamic legality computations when delays occur and important real time decisions need to be made
- Comprehensive legality reports can be generated and sent to any recipient on demand using the iOS share features such as through messaging or email
- Color coded legality and projected delay information for real time status at all times
- Duty and rest charts and detail including color coded progress bars to show when nearing limits
- Schedule and Calendar views for month view duty review and navigation
- Automatic resume generation and sharing both within the app and on APDL.net with QR code support
- Data everywhere sync with automatic and included online backup keeps all devices running APDL up to date at all times
- Familiar trip sheet format with intuitive information at a glance in the format airline pilots know and love. View gates, ground/turn times, aircraft change indicators, and projected delays
- Customizable Status Board allows you to add/remove widgets and organize per your needs based on duty phase
- Cloud connected resources automatically retrieve gates, aircraft, and OOOI data making flight logging seamless and automated
- EDCT and other resources available per flight in Leg Resources
- Hotel management and van/shuttle departure alerts keep you from missing important events
- iOS integrated alerts help you with duty status, equipment changes, and other important duty events
- 3D touch integration for supported devices such as Peek and Pop and application shortcuts
- App access security via Touch ID or iOS passcode protects your schedule
- Calendar sync automatically syncs duty to your desired calendar in iOS
- CrossCheck data validator continually checks your data to ensure accurate and complete information is available for legality computations
- Weather map with route of flight, weather radar, and FAA alert overlays including real time weather information for any airfield
- Automatic night calculation
- Extensive settings to allow complete control of the app tailored to your needs
- Advanced search throughout the app and indexed quick jump links on right side of data areas
- Data is tied to your airline/employer so employment changes don't clutter your data
- Drill down information is available to easily lookup information such as flights flown with crewmembers, tails flown per aircraft, etc.
- On Time performance
- Extensive and informative Payroll and Summary views with date filtering
- Color coded indicators "lozenges" help to quickly identify status and information
- Alerts view shows a list of the latest information such as duty status, legal for duty, etc.
- Included schedule importer with over 200 supported airline formats, time zone support, and export functionality
- Automatic duty adjustments based on report/release configurations
- View weather forecast in Schedule and Calendar views
Subscriptions do not auto-renew. In-app purchases will be charged to your iTunes Account. Subscription terms and pricing may be found in the My Account area within the app.
APDL is a registered trademark of NC Software, Inc.
MAJOR UPDATE! Revisions are noted below but major areas of interest in this update are: Reports, LATT, and FAR 1.1 support. We want to say thank you to our outstanding beta teams that assist us in features, testing, and feedback. APDL is extensively tested prior to every release to ensure the highest quality software in your hands.
Revisions in this major update:
New: Reports! Local and Server generated reports in a new Reports menu section. As new reports are created they will appear automatically in your app
New: Last Available Takeoff Time (LATT) You can now enter your planned taxi, estimated time in route, and planned taxi in time to get accurate latest block out and takeoff times, including remaining available taxi time. LATT can be accessed from a new Status Board widget or from the Leg editor
New: FAR 1.1 Flight Time definition support. You can now enter a Taxi Time (aircraft moves under its own power for the purpose of flight). When Taxi Time is entered, flight time and cumulative limits use the less restrictive FAR 1.1 Flight Time; otherwise, Block Time (Out to In) is used
New: Aircraft Photos are now synced across devices
New: Notes (Hotel, Crew, Leg, Airport, etc.) are now searchable within the Search view
New: Add No Trip Rig payroll type
Enhance information in Calendar View
Commute flights are now fetched on demand vs. automatically
Fix name of Republic Airline
Add CYFJ to airport database
Don't show Check Schedule feature if not supported by airline
Improve verbiage of legality messages
Add time deltas to various presentations such as current blocked out leg in Status Board
Show ETA time delta in Status Board Current/Next Flight widget
Improvements to rest calculations with airport standby/reserve operations
Fix missing data on payroll view
Improve legality PDF
Improvements for battery consumption such as in automated background schedule checking
Indicate if cumulate calculations are actual or projected in Legality Detail PDF
Improve hints system throughout
Include all flown legs for a duty period when calculating LBO and LAT even when flown out of scheduled order
Allow actual out and in to be saved for Deadhead flights
Use actual first flight in Duty editor when Adjust Duty Time tapped
Use actual last flight to display layover airport in Schedule and Month views
Fix bug where Airport Standby was flagged as split duty
Fix various UI anomalies
Fix incorrect block displayed in Leg editor for deadheads when first created
Fix crash when flying augmented, but not enough crew entered
Show ETA time delta in Status Board Current/Next Flight widget
Improvements to acclimated theater
Various other performance improvements and enhancements
We hope you are enjoying APDL - The Airline Pilot Logbook and welcome suggestions either in public or private from the appropriate options in the app's Communication area. We also welcome your positive app reviews in the Apple app store to show your appreciation to our hard working developer team working hard to ensure you have a great app and user experience to aid the challenges faced as an airline pilot. Thank you for choosing APDL and being a part of the NC Software team.
9.0.1 Fixes an issue reported by a few users with sync and adds DTNH to the airport database
9.0.2 Fixes a minor issue with a legality report not generating
9.0.3 Minor enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but could be better
It’s a bit convoluted at the moment. It’s hard to say whether it’s the fault of how overly complicated part 117 regulations are, or whether it’s the design of the app. Right now, it’s pretty difficult to just come up with a simple latest wheels up time. Also, the section to keep track of pay is of no use, since it has been horribly inaccurate for me. As a portable log book though, once I finally figured out how to sync with logbook pro, it works really well. If they come up with an easy button to sync with Logbook pro, it’ll be perfect for me.
The other bells and whistles are nice, but it’s almost trying to do too much. It’s a bit of a Jack of all trades, master of none situation. If I’m getting close to my drop dead time, I end up wasting so much time trying to interpret what this app is telling me so I usually just give up and use the ALPA 117 calculator instead. A lot of that could probably be solved by reading up or browsing the forums, but honestly we shouldn’t have to do that with a smartphone app. Focus on making a simple user interface before adding features and this will end up as the best logbook/part 117 tracker out there.
Doesn’t live up to the promise
Split duties have to be hand built. Tedious process that takes too much time for those who are scheduled for multiple split duties in their schedule. The Part 117 compliance check doesn’t recognize that split duties can be fit back to back to fit within 6 calendar days (5 nights in a row), so it flags it as a 117 violation. There should be an override for the user to double check flagged duty limits and allow the user to clear it as good, just in case the app’s algorithm is unable to account for circumstances the programmers couldn’t anticipate.
Overall not as intuitive or user friendly as it should be. You’re going to have to watch the videos and read the material to learn how to use it, but instruction videos and reading material isn’t comprehensively outlined, so you’ll spend a couple hours using google to search for an answer, only to finally realize that the reason you can’t find the answer is because the app isn’t capable of performing the function you thought it could or ought to able to do.
Last, this doesn’t synch to logbook pro automatically and you’ve got to use a data file to transfer. A company should be able to synch between its own apps.
So I came back to this app... but still not happy!
This app is great for airline pilots and FAR 117. It does not however have turnkey ability to sync to logbook pro. This has been very frustrating. For the money, I should not have to manually transfer my hours between programs. When will this happen? I know it was never promised but you have another app that does sync with logbook. It can’t be that hard. I would be willing to pay more if it did. Just no it’s a great app but if you have a digital logbook and it’s logbook pro be prepared headaches. It’s a lot of money for the amount of work still required on the user end. And yes I did update my rant previously posted.
- NC Software, Inc.
- 149.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 NC Software, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- APDL 30 Days $12.99
- APDL 1 Year $129.99
- APDL 3 Months $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.