By algoriddim GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** 50% OFF FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY! ***
NOTE: All-new djay PRO for iPad is now available on the App Store. Visit www.algoriddim.com for more info!
The #1 DJ App, now with Spotify integration!
Ready to rock your next party? Introducing djay 2 - the next generation of the world's best-selling DJ app and winner of the Apple Design Award has been redesigned from the ground up.
• “Got a hidden scratch master inside of you? djay will serve beginners and experts.” — The New York Times
• “If you're serious about your party playlist, download Algoriddim's djay.” — The Wall Street Journal
• "djay 2 will blow your mind. And your ears. And your eyes." — iMore
• “One of the most impressive music apps we’ve seen for the iPad to date.” — Engadget
• "Yes, this is the future, and it's here now! This truly is the next step in Digital DJing.” — DJ Mag
djay transforms your iPad into a full–featured DJ system. Seamlessly integrated with both your iTunes music library and Spotify, djay gives you direct access to all your favorite songs and playlists. You can perform live, record mixes on–the–go, or enable Automix mode to let djay create a seamless mix for you automatically. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay offers you the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an iPad.
• iTunes music library integration
• Spotify integration (requires Spotify Premium and internet connection, FREE 7 day trial is available for djay 2 users)
• Audio FX: Flanger, Phaser, Echo, Gate, Bit Crusher
• FX Expansion Packs powered by Sugar Bytes (over 30 additional audio effects available via In-App Purchase)
• Mixer, Tempo, Pitch-Bend, Filter and EQ controls
• Looping & Cue Points
• Colored HD Waveforms™
• Live Recording (iTunes only)
• Sampler with included sound packs by Snoop Dogg, DJ QBert, Milk & Sugar, and more
• Single Deck Mode
• Pre-Cueing with headphones (using Griffin DJ Cable or multi-channel audio interface)
• Advanced time-stretching (Key Lock)
• Key Detection and Matching (requires iPad Air or iPad mini with Retina display, or better)
• Automatic beat detection
• iCloud integration to sync metadata
• iTunes Store integration
• Support for Inter-App Audio and Audiobus (iTunes only)
• Support for all major audio formats (no support for DRM protected songs)
• Support for AirPlay and Bluetooth devices
• Support for DJ MIDI Controllers: Pioneer DDJ-WeGO, DDJ-WeGO2, DDJ-WeGO3, DDJ-ERGO, Vestax Spin 2, Numark iDJ Pro, Mixdeck Quad, iDJ Live, iDJ Live II, ION iDJ 2 Go, Reloop Beatpad, Casio XW-J1, Philips M1X-DJ
What's New in Version 2.8.1
*** NOTE: All-new djay PRO for iPad is now available on the App Store. Visit www.algoriddim.com for more info! ***
• Fixed graphics performance issues on some devices
• Fixed gain change not being applied immediately
• Fixed missing tap-and-hold menu in media library for preview
• Fixed swipe-to-delete not working in queue
• Fixed issues when using iDJ Pro
• Improved cue/mix slider curve
If you like djay, please rate it with every update! Thanks for your continued support and we look forward to hearing your feedback.
Better than the last update but...
Ok here's the thing...I'm not some hardcore dj. I listen to a lot of drum and bass and I love to make my own little DnB mixes. I enjoy using this app specially for that but lately it hasn't been very fun. The last update was ugly. I had problems with the gain, the loop functions, and the waveforms were glitchy and out of sync. The newest update fixed the gain and the ugly waveforms but I'm still having trouble with the loop. It never starts where I want it to start. Also, when I use djay with my pioneer wego2, the volume faders don't work quite properly. Before any of these updates, I would be able to play 2 tracks and i would keep 1 track with the volume fader on medium and would hear them both playing perfectly together. Now when i play 2 tracks together, I can't hear the 2nd track unless the volume fader is up all the way. With certain songs that's alright but sometimes I like to slowly introduce the next track. I can't even do that now because when the volume fader is in the middle, I can't hear it. I have to bring it up all the way, and I don't want to do that with every song. Idk if that's just my issue...like my wego2 is going bad. But idk...I figured I post this and maybe someone might be able to help me.
Incredibly helpful tool for singers
I sing close harmony barbershop style music with numerous difficult passages. DJ makes it so easy to mark multiple spots and quickly return to any of them to practice further. The greatest part is being able to slow down the music greatly WITHOUT CHANGING PITCH just by sliding the bar! It is also very helpful to play the entire song in whatever pitch you want. A great learning tool.
I wouldn't change a thing.
I love this app. I had a hard time figuring out how to really get the most from it though, since I never djayed with real turntables. I got the book How to Dj on your iPad by Phil Morse from Digital DJ Tips and it really helped clear all the mystery of the knobs and faders. Now that I understand what I am doing, I realize how amazing, simply incredible this app is.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 15, 2015
- Version: 2.8.1
- Size: 105 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: algoriddim GmbH
- © 2006-2015 algoriddim GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete FX Pack Collection$9.99
- Resonate FX Pack$3.99
- Gold Skin$3.99
- Juggle FX Pack$3.99
- Slice FX Pack$3.99
- Warp FX Pack$3.99
- Modulate FX Pack$3.99