By algoriddim GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ready to rock your next party? Introducing djay 2 - the next generation of the world's best-selling DJ app and winner of the Apple Design Award has been redesigned from the ground up.
• “Got a hidden scratch master inside of you? djay will serve beginners and experts.” — The New York Times
• “If you're serious about your party playlist, download Algoriddim's djay.” — The Wall Street Journal
• "djay 2 will blow your mind. And your ears. And your eyes." — iMore
• “One of the most impressive music apps we’ve seen for the iPad to date.” — Engadget
• "Yes, this is the future, and it's here now! This truly is the next step in Digital DJing.” — DJ Mag
djay transforms your iPad into a full–featured DJ system. Seamlessly integrated with both your iTunes music library and Spotify, djay gives you direct access to all your favorite songs and playlists. You can perform live, record mixes on–the–go, or enable Automix mode to let djay create a seamless mix for you automatically. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay offers you the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an iPad.
• iTunes music library integration
• Spotify integration (requires Spotify Premium and internet connection, FREE 7 day trial is available for djay 2 users)
• Audio FX: Flanger, Phaser, Echo, Gate, Bit Crusher
• FX Expansion Packs powered by Sugar Bytes (over 30 additional audio effects available via In-App Purchase)
• Mixer, Tempo, Pitch-Bend, Filter and EQ controls
• Looping & Cue Points
• Colored HD Waveforms™
• Live Recording (iTunes only)
• Sampler with included sound packs by Snoop Dogg, DJ QBert, Milk & Sugar, and more
• Single Deck Mode
• Pre-Cueing with headphones (using Griffin DJ Cable or multi-channel audio interface)
• Advanced time-stretching (Key Lock)
• Key Detection and Matching (requires iPad Air or iPad mini with Retina display, or better)
• Automatic beat detection
• iCloud integration to sync metadata
• iTunes Store integration
• Support for Inter-App Audio and Audiobus (iTunes only)
• Support for all major audio formats (no support for DRM protected songs)
• Support for AirPlay and Bluetooth devices
• Support for DJ MIDI Controllers: Pioneer DDJ-WeGO, DDJ-WeGO2, DDJ-WeGO3, DDJ-ERGO, Vestax Spin 2, Numark iDJ Pro, Mixdeck Quad, iDJ Live, iDJ Live II, ION iDJ 2 Go, Reloop Beatpad, Casio XW-J1, Philips M1X-DJ
What's New in Version 2.8.2
*** NOTE: All-new djay PRO for iPad is now available on the App Store. Visit www.algoriddim.com for more info! ***
• Added display of explicit content ratings in Music and Spotify media libraries
• Improved Spotify library integration
• Improved mappings for Reloop Beatpad and Beatpad 2
• Fixed keyboard shortcuts being triggered while searching on 9.7-inch iPad Pro
• Fixed sampler not audible via monitor with cue/mix set to “mix”
• Various other bugfixes and improvements
If you like djay, please rate it with every update! Thanks for your continued support and we look forward to hearing your feedback.
I really love the djay program, i have been dj ing since 2001 on cds and completely resisted switching over to a laptop like everyone else has in the last years but now I dj almost exclusively on an ipad with djay, i bought a pioneer wego 2 controller for this and very happy with it, ive tried most all iphone ipad dj software and this is probably the best by a wide margin, i highly recommend it for beginner djs that want to learn proper dj ing skills and pros that started on cds or turntables should have zero trouble using it. I really enjoy the record function so now I can easily record my live sets into mixtapes, you can listen on pyromusic dot com search "Vitico BL" ,I was told some other pro laptop software that everyone uses only allows one hour of recording or no recording without an expensive upgrade, its really much more natural to use your whole hand on the touch screen of an ipad than using a mouse on a laptop with other software, i got this on a free app week promotion but its one of the few apps really worth buying, i hope algoriddim doesnt abandon this version now that they have the djay pro version
Probably the best djing app on a budget.
One of the things I tend to keep up with is the Free App of the Week. Since that meant getting the chance to get an app you normally would have to pay to get for free, I don't tend to pass it up.
And this is another one of the good ones.
Djay 2 is all you need from a djing app. It allows you to mix 2 tracks and with some music, you can become pretty skilled in this field.
However, there are a few drawbacks. One is the lack of a music service that doesn't require a subscription service to use. Spotify's great, but unless you started your account on a phone, you don't get the millions of songs to use and mix. It would be great to see free services like SoundCloud in play.
But overall, this app is great and you should get it right now.
I was old school analog, the whole way. The closest I've come to digital DJing was cd's. This app, along with the splitter cable, has completely changed the game for me. Yet, to my surprise, it feels the same as analog. I love it! I recommend it! I was good already with analog but with the additional toys included with this app my creative mind has never been intrigued this much. Kudos & love to Algoriddim and Griffin technologies for such a marvelous job on a magnificent app.
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 02, 2016
- Version: 2.8.2
- Size: 94.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: algoriddim GmbH
- © 2006-2016 algoriddim GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete FX Pack Collection$9.99
- Gold Skin$3.99
- Resonate FX Pack$3.99
- Juggle FX Pack$3.99
- Warp FX Pack$3.99
- Slice FX Pack$3.99
- Modulate FX Pack$3.99