Instantaneous beam analysis that fits in your pocket!
Easily calculate beam deflection and engineering graphs for structural analysis. Quickly double-check your results and develop your intuition of beam deflection theory. This app is an invaluable learning tool for mechanical, civil, structural, and architecture engineering.
AMAZING AND INTUITIVE TOUCH-BASED INTERACTION
• Interactive graphics - Use touch to position loads and supports along the beam. Our algorithm will automatically handle individual sections and superposition of loads.
• Real-time computation - When you edit loads and supports, you can immediately see the effect on shear, moment, slope, and deflection diagrams. Visualize how the beam bends in real time as you interact with the app!
UNLIMITED LOADS AND SUPPORTS
• At least as many as your device can handle!
• Concentrated point loads, distributed loads, and moment loads
• Simple and fixed supports
• Floating and fixed hinges
BUILT-IN PROPERTY DATA LIBRARIES
Beam deflection depends on the beam's material (elastic modulus) and its cross-section geometry (moment of inertia). The app includes common values, but you can also specify these values directly.
• Find most American and European standard shapes.
• Select from common engineering materials.
SMART AND USEFUL DESIGN
• Common measurement units (metric and standard)
• Smart diagrams automatically detect local maxima and minima and zero-crossings
Having issues with the latest version? Do you have any feature requests? Let us know! There are many ways to reach us:
Or simply leave a comment here!
We are proud to release version 5.0 of our app because it achieves two important milestones (plus many other changes under the covers, which will pave the way for future releases, including some common user requests).
The app now displays the equations that are used to generate all the diagrams. This will allow you to double-check results and perform additional analysis of your own. A lot of work went into designing a compact, intuitive interface to present these equations. Like other parts of the app, these equations update automatically and use the units you specify in the application settings. As you would expect, the equations are integrated with the diagrams. When you select a point in the diagrams, the relevant equations are scrolled into view. Likewise, as you swipe the equations sideways, the corresponding region in the diagrams is highlighted. This makes it easy to match equations with their relevant regions along the length of the beam.
In order to make space on the screen to display the equations, we redesigned the main user interface drastically. The result is a brand new responsive layout that preserves the interaction that you have come to expect and at the same time gives us a lot of space to build upon. This was a major and challenging change, but it was worth it, especially going forward.
As you can tell, a lot of work went into making version 5.0 possible, and we really hope that you find it as awesome as we do. As always, please stay in touch and send us comments. Once again, thanks for your support, your feedback, and for using our app!
Summary of changes:
• NEW: Equations are now displayed for each span. Scroll to the bottom of the main screen to see them. Drag the equations side-ways or select a different region of the diagrams to see equations for a different span. Press the square button with an "x" or "u" (top-left of equations) to change the reference frame of the equations. In some cases, it's better to analyze each span in its own frame of reference.
• NEW: The app will now remember beam properties and applied loads when it is re-started. This will make it easier for you to pick up your work where you left it off. (Spoiler Alert: This is the first step in being able to save your work more permanently. Coming soon in a future release.)
• IMPROVED: The vertical ruler scroll control in the numpad is more responsive and generates cleaner values when you use it. In other words, it works now ;)
• IMPROVED: We might have fixed a lot of little things here and there.
Having issues with the latest version? Do you have any specific feature requests? Let us know! There's many ways to reach us:
Or simply leave a comment here :)
Ratings and Reviews
Good try, but half finished app!
OK not meaning to put the dev down as this is a nice approach but I think the dev should have spent more time making the app workable than playing with the interface. The app is so called "version 5.0". One would assume from this it would have passed through four major iterations to get to this point. The app feels like beta release 0.9.
The following are missing.
1. Save and file functions
2. Undo and redo
3. A "help" or tutorial.
Also what would be nice would be the ability to design or draw beam sections instead of using the only ones offered. All that is provided is a database of standard sections downloaded off the internet, this would have been provided by version 3 or 4.
The app feels like an engineer grad student trying to show off the engineering knowledge. Any of the five star reviews are either friends of the dev or purchasers of previous versions who are happy to see progress.
If I have misrepresented the dev and invite them to contact me and I will revise my review.
I just wanted to let you guys know that there is a flaw in the calculation of the theta value! It is 10 Times smaller than the actual value. There must be a bug for that output.
Please add small steel shapes!
Great job on this beautifully designed app! I just wish it had smaller shapes built in, down to 1/2 square steel tube. Or, maybe provide a way for user defined shapes to be added? Thanks!
- Ketchep.com, LLC
- 72.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2018 Ketchep.com, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.