Acadiana Historical is a free app from the Public History Program at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette that puts South Louisiana’s history and culture at your fingertips. Explore unique historic places and take self-guided tours. Find interesting people, places and events in this region’s history. With a growing list of interpretive stories, each point on the interactive GPS-enabled map includes historical information about the location, along with historic images from archival collections and historical publications. You can find more information about the history of South Louisiana by visiting the project website at www.acadianahistorical.org.
Thanks to the content provided by the Public History Program at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and the graduate students in Dr. Robert Carriker’s spring 2013 class: Stephanie Cheramie, Courtney Dupré, Joe Kent, Anne Mahoney, Meredith Melançon, Clare Robbins, Eric Scott, and Mike Smith.
- Content developed by: Robert Carriker and the Public History Program at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Powered by: Curatescape (curatescape.org)
Welcome to Acadiana Historical 3.0!
- New and improved user interface
- Native 3D-enabled maps (try a two finger swipe for a cool 3D view)
- Offline functionality (text-only)
- New Discover page highlights featured and nearby content
- Stories page now shows recent additions by default, with filters for nearby and featured
- Search for stories, tours, and files
- Plus lots of technical improvements
*3.0.1 includes minor fixes and layout improvements for iPad
Ratings and Reviews
Very fun and informative! Unlocks the history of places that I pass every day!
- Cleveland State University Research Corporation
- 39.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 University of Louisiana at Lafayette
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.