By Jehovah's Witnesses
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
JW LIBRARY is an official app produced by Jehovah’s Witnesses. It includes six Bible translations, Sing to Jehovah, and Examining the Scriptures Daily—2014.
The following Bible translations are included:
1. The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (2013 revision) published by Jehovah’s Witnesses. This version contains:
• An introduction that answers 20 Bible questions.
• An outline of contents at the beginning of each Bible book.
• Footnotes and cross references.
• An index of Bible words and a glossary of terms.
• An appendix that includes maps, charts, and timelines, which help you gain the most from your Bible reading.
2. The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures—With References (1984 revision)
3. The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures. This Bible contains the Greek text edited by B. F. Westcott and F. J. A. Hort. Between the lines you will find a word-for-word English translation.
4. The Bible in Living English (Steven T. Byington)
5. The American Standard Version
6. The King James Version
Choose a Bible translation, then select a specific Bible book and chapter. While viewing a chapter, you can:
• Tap a verse number: Compare all available Bible versions.
• Tap a footnote marker or reference letter: View the associated material side by side with the Bible text.
Find words and expressions that appear in the Bible text, and navigate to them directly. Sort the search results by the order in which they appear in the Bible or by how frequently they are used in publications produced by Jehovah's Witnesses.
• Swipe left: Move to the next chapter or section.
• Swipe right: Move to the preceding chapter or section.
• Bookmarks: Place markers in the text so you can easily find where you were reading.
• Additional publications and languages: Read and study books, magazines, and brochures published by Jehovah’s Witnesses.
• Highlighting and notes: Highlight portions of the text and make notes as you study.
What's New in Version 1.1.0
• Sing to Jehovah and Examining the Scriptures Daily—2014.
• Quick access to today’s daily text.
• Shortcut to Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY.
January 29, 2014
The update is amazing. So amazing, I think I officially don't need my paper songbook. And it's nice and fast. Only thing left untouched is the translation bug. When I tap a verse to see a translation, it still takes 5 seconds the first time. Other than that, amazing.
October 31, 2013
I love the app. I can't wait for the highlighting feature and added literature. Also, I'd love to see all audio available for everything in the app. And maybe justified text.
October 6, 2013
First, I'd like to say thanks. All witnesses with a device of some type (hopefully Apple) love the new translation. I've already discovered the real meaning of my favorite scripture Ps. 19:7.
I'd also like to say I can't wait to hear a new audio for the new Bible version.
And for an early version this app is remarkably stable and well organized. Good job! 👍 (I stayed up late waiting for this app.)
Needs some low vision improvements
Easy to use and anxious to see all the additions!!
The last star withheld because it isn't low vision friendly as it could be.
1. Bible book names are very small in the selection boxes. Using book abbreviations in bold font would be more visible.
2. The chapter numbers are too small as well. Perhaps having 5 columns abreast will be easier than 7? Putting the numbers in a bolder font would make them more visible.
3. The font style isn't the optimal one for visually impaired people.
4. The sliding font size enlarger could be 2 clicks more.
5. Many people with low vision issues do best with reverse contrast option. Where the background is black and the letters are either white/yellow/green/blue to reduce eyes train and provide better clarity.
Thank you for your wonderful work! This is truly a blessing!!
Great app, just needs bookmarks!
Extremely useful app for quick and easy access to any part of the bible. Charts, maps, and appendices are exceptionally helpful in understanding the context of what you're reading. Best of all is the English text makes understanding every verse so much easier, especially since the Hebrew idioms have been translated into their English meanings rather than simply being literal translations, with the footnotes showing the literal translation of these types of expressions. It's also very easy to get renderings from several editions of the bible, a including King James and American Standard.
The number one feature I can't wait to see is just a simple way to mark my place while reading...then this app will get five stars! What a gift from Jehovah! Thank you brothers!!!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jan 29, 2014
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 108 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.
- © 2013 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.