CellMaps Mobile Coverage
By Mosaik Solutions
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Compare Options. Plan Ahead. Stay Connected. Enjoy Life.
With CellMaps Mobile Coverage, you can quickly map network coverage by operator and technology on your iOS device. This application provides a view of each operator's marketed coverage area, the ability to check for coverage at a particular location and to compare network coverage maps.
- Determine which operator is best for you by visualizing 2G, 3G, 4G, 4G LTE and Roaming coverage information for the largest operators in the United States.
- Perform an address search or geolocate your device to view a map of the mobile network technologies that are available in your area of interest.
- View and compare the mobile network coverage maps of multiple operators with street-level detail.
- Use the coverage check feature to quickly compare – by operator and technology – what networks should be available at a given location.
- The network coverage data is updated frequently and, once updated, immediately available to the application. You do not need to download a new version of the app to get coverage updates.
- Learn more about the wireless industry with “Insights” that provide a dynamic stream of global intelligence.
Mobile operators have invested billions of dollars and countless hours building, maintaining and expanding their networks to meet the needs of businesses and consumers alike. They also work hard to set good expectations about where their networks are and are not.
Keep in mind that the intel used in this application is based on marketed network coverage information and does not guarantee service availability. This application does not include global roaming coverage outside of the United States. Actual service availability may vary due to weather, terrain, foliage, buildings, equipment, and other factors.
Requires access to mobile or Wi-Fi data networks. Standard usage fees for data transfer apply.
What's New in Version 1.1
Coverage updated on 12/31 to include recent mobile network expansions.
Minor bug fix for iOS7
Easy to use comparison of operators
This app is very easy to use, and provides a good look at landscape of the wireless industry in the US. I can easily compare the coverage areas of 2 operators to see which may better serve my needs as a customer, which I can combine with other info about the carriers, such as price and services they offer (which is easily found on their websites). Having the coverage patterns all in one place to compare on the same map is very handy!
This app helps me see service availability in more rural areas, which a lot of other coverage apps don't give much info at all.
Very useful, high-quality app!
This is outdated. I live in Altoona PA, and I have Sprint. There is Sprit LTE, and it's been here officially since March (most device picked it up before than). There other cities that have gotten LTE on AT&T and Sprint within the past 6 or so month. What a waste of money?
No updates with any reasonable consistency. Coverage? is a much better and more reliably updating app.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 19, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mosaik Solutions LLC
- © 2013 Mosaik Solutions, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.