By Nomad Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"A great game with a ton of content." - 4/5 BoardGameGeek.
"...sky high production quality with a full compliment of features." – 4.5/5 TouchArcade
“Talisman: Digital Edition is one of the best board game ports available for iPad and Android, period.” – Dave Neumann, Pocket Tactics
NOTE - Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
Talisman: Digital Edition, the classic fantasy adventure board game for 1-6 players. This officially licensed version of the Games Workshop game uses the 4th Revised Edition rules. In Talisman, you embark on a perilous quest for the ultimate treasure, the Crown of Command. Choose from 14 characters such as the Warrior, Assassin, Thief or Wizard and race your opponents through a perilous realm. Each character is unique in their strengths, weaknesses and special powers. To win the game, you must journey to the heart of the land to find the Crown of Command, and then use its ancient magic to cast a mighty spell to subdue all your rivals. Only by gradually building up your adventurer's powers, gathering valuable allies, and winning potent magical items will you stand a chance of surviving the ultimate test that lies beyond the Portal of Power.
This family friendly game is simple to play - roll a die to move around the board and draw cards on spaces to encounter dangerous foes and claim powerful rewards! Build up your character's power until you are ready to travel to the more dangerous areas of the board. Beware though, each character has the same goal and will stop at nothing to be the first to the Crown!
- Officially licensed Games Workshop game, using the Revised 4th Edition rules with official artwork.
- Fully expandable game with more cards and characters available as in-app purchases. The Reaper, Frostmarch, Dungeon, Highland, Sacred Pool and City expansions are available now with more coming soon.
- Local multiplayer - Pass to Play mode.
- Real-time online multiplayer mode for 2-6 players. Play against your Game Center friends or anyone in the world! Game Center account required for online play.
- Play against AI characters in offline games.
- Optional House Rules included.
- Bloodbath mode! - A savage fight to the death as each player is knocked out of the game!
- Interactive tutorial.
- Online rulebook.
- AI speed settings so you can play the game at your own pace.
- Turn log - view all game actions in a detailed log.
- Earn XP as you play! Earn enough XP to level-up and unlock special Runestone cards, exclusive to this digital edition.
- Languages - English, French, Italian, Spanish, German and Polish.
- Game Center Achievements
- Leaderboard - How do you compare to the World's best players?
NOTE - Compatibility: iPad2 or newer, iOS7.x
This app offers in-app purchases. You may disable in-app purchasing using your device settings. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213 for more info.
Will you be making more expansions?
Yes! We'll be releasing more characters and all of the official expansion packs for the board game.
Can I play with my friends by passing the device around?
Yes! Get your family and friends together and race each other to the Crown!
Do I need to buy expansions to join an online game with expansions?
No! You do not need to buy expansion packs in order to join a game that is using them, but you cannot choose the characters from it until you purchase it.
Does the game have asynchronous play?
No. Talisman doesn't really suit asynchronous play due to players having to react to spell casting.
What's New in Version 7.03
Some AI bug fixes and other minor improvements.
Please remember to get the latest high detail graphics by choosing 'Check for updates' in the Advanced Options, then follow the instructions.
If any purchased expansions or characters aren't appearing, please close and re-boot the game after choosing 'Restore Purchases'
Thanks for the feedback so far.
Broken in-app purchases
Beware... like others here, I've spent a good amount of money on the various expansions and characters on offer as in-app purchases (IAP), and like them, I am suddenly unable to use any of my expansions in the game. After deleting and reinstalling the app (and then re-downloading the "high quality" textures that make the game usable), I can't even restore my previous purchases or even make new ones.
I don't know if this is an iOS9 problem or what, but the game is seriously broken right now. Don't spend a dime on it in this condition or bother wasting your iDevice's space.
Good but newer update is bad
The runestones which were originally a cool idea and added a fun new layer to the game now take FOREVER to collect. The developers obviously realized that unlocking them all with IAP was more $$$ and I am not nearly as happy with this game as I used to be before my phone upgrade. I may still pay the $2 since I am already invested in the expansions but they have really crippled the game and I can't recommend the purchase nearly as much as I used to.
Broken Random Number Generator
When you reach the crown of command just calmly uninstall the game. I have played three games in a row with 40-60 turns there incapable of rolling above a three more than 15% of the time. Invariably a weaker strength NPC will finally arrive and kill me rolling 6 repeatedly while I am incapable of rolling above two. That's probably 200+ rolls across three games where the above three roll is actually about a 15% chance instead of 50%.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 10, 2015
- Version: 7.03
- Size: 49.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish
- Seller: Nomad Games Ltd.
- © 2014 Nomad Games Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Reaper Expansion Pack$3.99
- The Frostmarch Expansion$3.99
- The Dungeon Expansion Pack$3.99
- The Highland Expansion Pack$3.99
- The Sacred Pool$3.99
- The City Expansion Pack$3.99
- Character Pack #4 - Genie$0.99
- Complete Runestone Deck$1.99
- Character Pack #3 - Devil's Minion$0.99
- Character Pack #2 - Courtesan$0.99