Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Challenging and thoroughly addictive! Now you can play the original award winning board game Qwirkle on your iPad and iPhone!
Qwirkle is MindWare's best-selling board game, with over two million copies sold worldwide. Through the years, Qwirkle has received numerous awards including Mensa, Parents' Choice, Major Fun and the Spiel des Jahres, Germany's coveted game of the year award.
- Solo, Online, and Pass and Play modes all support up to 4 players.
- 4 levels of difficulty, from easy to expert.
- Includes Achievements and Leaderboards through Game Center.
- Customize your experience - choose your favorite background to play on.
- Play with classic Qwirkle colors or personalize your tiles with custom colors.
- Exciting animations and playful music enhance the Qwirkle experience!
- Tutorial and Help sections get you playing fast and easy!
WHO WILL YOU PLAY?
- Play solo against 4 levels of robot, from easy to expert.
- For family game night, use Pass and Play mode to play together on a single device.
- Challenge your friends to play online through Game Center.
- Find new online opponents through auto-match in Game Center.
Find out more about Qwirkle on the MindWare website:
Want to share your thoughts on the digital version of Qwirkle directly with the developers? Email us at email@example.com with your comments! We'd love to have your input about what you like and ideas for improvements. We look forward to your feedback!
What's New in Version 1.0.3
- Improvements to Game Center / Multiplayer support.
- Can now "swipe" to open/close the side panel.
Interesting game, have played the board game
I have had the app for a few days, as a "Boomer" I prefer written instructions, so when I finally stumbled on them it was reassuring.
I'm not in any hurry to play, most other game apps allow you Save a current game or just quit and come back any time.
I find I must start a new game.
I must finish a game in one sitting.
Modern life has too many necessary interruptions.
In an update I'd appreciate your adding a Save feature.
It is not too much for you to tell players they can enlarge an area they choose to place tiles to place them exactly.
Towards the end of the game you need space to place them the way you want on my iPod Touch.
I was ready to quit as I tried many times to place the tile in the exact place the FIRST time not the sixth time.
I have always enjoyed your game.
We got one for our granddaughter in 2007. Enjoyed playing, got our own and played it with friends and relatives.
This app gives me any opportunity to play it more often.
Playing online holds no interest for me.
Qwirkle on iPhone 5
I love this game! Played the board game for a long while then downloaded this app.
There are significant glitches with this game: I'm unable to see the Friend List or start online game but can use rematch feature; today I couldn't play a tile to make Qwirkle until I placed it on the board then hit "redo" button and placed it back in position for Qwirkle; one tile on the board changed to be a bluish yellow. Very frustrating. I hope they get the bugs worked out because several family members are now playing together, which is great!
Fun but glitchy!!
This game is fun, but the glitches are bad. Sometimes there is an extra piece underneath another piece - and when you move it you can see the one underneath. You can even shuffle them around so essentially you are playing with 7 pieces instead of 6 - which seems like cheating. Another game there was a piece in the middle of the board just kind of hanging there not attached to anything. The game menu is a pain to scroll through, games where it's your turn should be at the top. And a chat feature would be nice. Fun to play, but hope these glitches get worked out!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 27, 2014
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 83.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MINDWARE CORPORATION
- © 2013 Mindware
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.