By DataViz, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wirelessly control music playlists with the free crowd-sourced playlist app, Crowdcast. Perfect for parties, picnics, tailgating and other events with friends!
**FREE unlimited song uploads through July 31st, 2014 - Add as many of your own songs to the party playlist as you want, for free. Try it at your next party!**
The Crowdcast app interface allows a host to start a Crowdcast by selecting songs from their existing music library. Friends and guests can then join the Crowdcast, vote songs up or down, add their own music and share their activity on Twitter and Facebook.
THE LIVING PLAYLIST:
Music can set the tone for any event and we’ve all been in social settings where we wish we had a say in the music selection. Crowdcast gives guests a voice in what music gets played, and even lets them add their own. Crowdcast promotes crowd participation, inherently making any event or gathering more social and interactive.
• Easy set-up - To get started, a host simply selects or builds a playlist from their music library on their iOS device, names the party, and taps start. Once guests download the free Crowdcast app they’ll be able to join the party and start voting.
• No Internet Connection/Access Point Required - Don’t have the WiFi password? At the beach or on a road trip with no internet access? No problem! With Crowdcast you can connect to a party even when there is no WiFi connection available*.
• Search - Search the songs in the playlist to easily find what you’re looking for.
• Voting – ‘Upvote’ or ‘downvote’ on currently playing and upcoming songs to impact the order of the playlist.
• Booting - When enough guests ‘downvote’ a song, it becomes ‘booted’ and the next song on the list will start playing.
• Add your own – Guests can add songs to the playlist from their own music libraries with 'upload' credits. Until July 31st, 2014, we're giving all users unlimited upload credits for FREE!
• Play next – Avoid waiting by selecting songs to 'play next' via purchased credits—just like a jukebox.
• Tagging – Mark songs to revisit or purchase later or to have automatically ‘upvoted’ at future parties.
• Facebook/Twitter sharing – Share Crowdcast activity on Twitter and Facebook.
• Game Center achievements - Earn badges and game center points for achievements you complete.
• See Crowdcast in action now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD0in7BtosY
THE DATAVIZ® ADVANTAGE:
• Founded in 1984, DataViz is an industry leader in developing mobile software solutions for iOS, Mac, and more.
• DataViz products, such as Documents To Go (now in its 14th year), are currently preloaded on millions of devices around the world.
• Help/support is available via email by actual people in our home office (via our FAQ page at CrowdcastApp.com).
LIKE/INTERACT WITH CROWDCAST ON:
*We suggest that you have both WiFi and Bluetooth turned on even if there is no WiFi access point available. This will create a more stable connection between devices.
What's New in Version 1.0.3
• Unlimited song uploads for free through July 31, 2014
• Adds Game Center achievements
• Adds local notifications to provide information/updates
• Other minor enhancements/bug fixes
Are people really going to keep their phones out at a party to vote on a music playlist? More importantly, are people going to use MP3 quality music at a party? Those questions a aside, the concept is interesting. The real point of this app is to get obnoxious drunks to buy additional uploads to add their songs to the host's playlist.
Perfect app for parties
Create a party, add your music, friends join the party and they vote on what they want and can even add their own! PERFECT!
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 24, 2014
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 9.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DataViz, Inc
- © 2014 DataViz, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Song uploads (unlimited)$2.99
- Play Next$0.99
- Remove Ads$1.99