By Icarus Studios, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Quarriors! is a unique blend of strategy and chance featuring a revolutionary dice building game mechanic! As a Quarrior! - a mighty mystical warrior - only you have the power to capture dangerous quarry from the untamed wilds! But your rivals plot against you! They will send their own Creatures and Spells to destroy your Quarry before you can deliver them to Empress Quiana and claim your reward!
Summon your Creatures and protect them from your foes and you will earn Glory for yourself. The first player to earn enough Glory will be hailed as the Champion of the Empress. Deck building strategy without the tedium of shuffling!
* Full and faithful re-creation of the original dice building board game 'Quarriors!' by Mike Elliot and Eric M. Lang.
* Single player and 2 to 4 player online and offline Multi-player and Pass-n-play action!
* Full tutorial included.
* Automatic scoring and rules enforcement.
* Challenging strategic gameplay.
* Immersive sounds, art and engaging special effects bring the table-top game to life!
Want to share your thoughts on the digital Quarriors! directly with the developers? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your comments! We'd love to have your input about what you like and ideas for improvements. We look forward to your feedback!
** Compatible with iPad 2 and greater **
What's New in Version 1.0.1
The issue with capturing all Quarry dice for zero Quiddity after using the Strong Devotee of the Holy Query's burst ability has been resolved (only get one die for free as stated on card).
Corrected the behavior of the Victory die's Draw and Re-roll face.
The Deathdealer's ability now occurs before the effect of attached Shaping Incantation spells.
I like the theory behind this game a lot! However, I would say that it has some buggy UI and suggest to hold off buying until some improvements are made to the interface (and to the AI).
Once completed, this will be a great game to own!
- solid game design taken from the physical game
- great graphics
- excellent & fun dice rolling action
- easy to learn gameplay
Cons: (this is for the Devs)
1) Shortcut actions very inconsistent
- swipe to play or select dice, except "here" or "here" or "here"
2) GUI is wasteful and degrades gameplay
- "Ready Area" has space for 20 dice, but you only ever have 5 dice max in it
- the "Used" pile regularly holds 20+ dice but only shows 10 so you have to scroll it.
- You have to squint at the blue teardrop to see how much Quiddy you have to spend each turn
- Sword / shield info is useless most of the time
3) slowdowns in gameplay distract from player enjoyment.
- "summon creatures" and other messages need configurable delays. 5 seconds is too long for experienced players but good for new players.
- defending when only having 1 creature "Ready" should be automated.
4) AI defense needs work - like defending with weaker creatures to save the bigger one worth more glory.
I really like the game and can't wait to see how it is improved.
Okay, now that I understand the basics and MOST in-game terminology the game is pretty good. I've recently been enjoying it a lot more now that I know what I'm doing (for the most part). I wasn't familiar with the game prior to purchasing it. Actually never heard of it until now. If you're not familiar this game and want to check it out I do recommend it but have patience because the tutorial is essentially non-existent. I had never heard of some of the terminology such as "cull", or "quiditty"? I somewhat got the hang of it after 5 or so games and watching the AI. The lack of tutorial or basic dictionary for the game is my only gripe so far. Like I said, fun game now that I kind of know what I'm doing but beware, have patience if you have never played this.
Great game however the ipad version has a number annoying and buggy issues.
Firstly changing between players is very annoying....
Surely you could design the app so you can switch that much easier between games.
Secondly I have never liked the whole waiting for the other players to join , and then not to return for days becomes frustrating, introduce a time out for each move make the game run closer to real time, like ticket to ride or Carcassone.
Lastly the bugs are horrendous I have two games currently that are stuck in play both myself and the other player says they are waiting for the other players. I have had to cancel so many games due to getting stuck. Very poor.
If these issues were resolved i would definitely give it a higher rating, however until then the game Is near useless for multiplayer
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 20, 2013
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 95.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Icarus Studios, Inc.
- © 2013 MFV.com, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.