PDFpen Scan+ with OCR, PDF text export
By SmileOnMyMac, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With PDFpen Scan+, use your iPhone or iPad to scan and OCR multi-page documents to create searchable PDFs. Scan directly with your iPhone or iPad camera. Crop and enhance the scan. Perform OCR. Copy OCR text. Email, export, and share PDF documents.
* Scan and OCR on your iPhone or iPad with the power you'd expect from a desktop computer
* Use your iPhone or iPad as a portable scanner
* Scan documents, articles, receipts, recipes, and more
* Extract text from scans using OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
* Share PDFs of scans with full OCR text via email and popular Cloud services, including Dropbox and Evernote
The scanning and OCR power you need in a beautifully-designed application that's always with you!
- One-touch scanning directly from your iPhone or iPad camera
- Scan multiple images into a single document
- Detect page edges automatically and crop scans
- Use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to convert scans into searchable PDFs
- Copy text recognized by OCR
- Email and share PDF documents with embedded, searchable OCR text
- Support for OCR in 16 languages: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Polish, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
- Import scans from your photo library
- Import scans from image and PDF files via "Open In..."
- Store documents in iCloud for sharing between devices
- Rotate scanned pages
- Enhance brightness/contrast of scanned pages
- Adjust scan resolution for color, grayscale, and text
- Print documents
- Share documents with PDFpen for markup and editing
- Import and Export documents using Dropbox, Evernote, Box, Alfresco, and Google Drive cloud services
- Import and Export documents using iTunes, FTP, and WebDAV
- Works with both iPhone and iPad, iOS 6 or iOS 7 required; iPhone 4S or later is strongly recommended.
Smile offers fast and friendly support. If you have any questions or feedback we'd love to hear from you. Please email us at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
• Support for TextExpander when renaming Scans
• Fixes when document thumbs don’t always match page 1 of a document
• Various other minor fixes
Changed the way I do business
The OCR functionality changed the way I do business. I use it in conjunction with filemaker to scrap text from pdf files. It took a normally 30+ minute processes down to 1 minute. This is a must have app to add to your arsenal of productivity apps, especially when using it to quickly pull information out of PDFs. I can't wait to see what these guys do next.
Very good but needs UI work
The functionality is there for this app. It does what it's supposed to and I use it regularly for "scanning" documents. The OCR isn't great, but it's better than nothing. My biggest complaint is the UI and workflow is just odd. Sharing isn't where you expect it to be, and buttons in general are a bit confusing. But then again I feel that way about most of Smile's apps. Great engineers, sub-par UI team.
The app works well, and I find myself using it more and more. It will even open zipped PDFs : I downloaded a bunch of them from a website using safari mobile. The app powered through each with no sweat,
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 18, 2013
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 20.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SmileOnMyMac, LLC
- © 2013 SmileOnMyMac, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.