Upset Recovery Training
By Aviation Performance Solutions
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Upset Recovery Training is an invaluable application to all safety-conscious pilots. This upset prevention and recovery training app integrates leading industry information on mitigating the Loss of Control In-flight (LOC-I) based on the Airplane Upset Recovery Training Aid (AURTA). Industry guidance has been organized into an efficient 8-module e-learning structure plus several additional modules by Aviation Performance Solutions (APS). Emergency maneuver, unusual attitude, or advanced maneuver training terminology are often used to identify this flying training subject matter.
APS enhancements and notable features include:
- Web-disconnected functionality to support distance learning on busy travel schedules and intermittent data connections,
- Integrated module-by-module test questions to confirm learning progression,
- Updated statistics, images and charts,
- Animations and explanatory video segments for easy understanding of concepts and subjects,
- Relevant FAA Advisory Circulars on Stall and Upset Prevention & Recovery Training,
- Streaming video on commercial LOC-I accidents and incidents,
- Instructor briefing guides, and
- Certificate of completion.
On a case-by-case B2B basis, the app can be redeveloped through our development team to meet the specific needs of corporate jet flight departments, airlines, airline transport pilot training providers, aircraft manufacturers, general aviation flight schools or other volume users.
What's New in Version 1.3
Fixes bug where resources were not able to be viewed.
Captain Alaska Airlines
This is an outstanding product that uses a variety of media to deliver foundational knowledge in aerodynamics that allows pilots (professional or recreational) to operate confidently in all regimes of flight. The content focus on understanding the threat environment, and in being prepared to make decisions and take action prior to an upset or stall taking place; i.e. prevention. However, the content also delivers the knowledge and lessons on how to effect a timely recovery from an upset if it should occur. While focusing primarily on upsets, this material has great benefit to all aspects of understanding aerodynamics, energy and flight path management. Well done!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Mar 03, 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 323 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Aviation Performance Solutions, LLC
- © 2013 Aviation Performance Solutions, IDT Engineering, Playforward
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.