By Bastus Trump
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
orphinio for iPhone is a musical instrument with a unique sound between glockenspiel and jaw harp. Like on its bigger brother Orphion for iPad you can play expressive, wonderful sounds and easy or virtuosic melodies on it just by moving fingers on virtual pads.
This video shows you how: https://vimeo.com/82138127
What can I do with it?
◦ Express the sounds you feel
◦ Play polyphonic music very expressively
◦ Crazy drumming and shaking
◦ Dream and relax
◦ Create soundscapes and melodies without musical knowledge
◦ Visually explore music and music theory
◦ Use orphinio’s innovative interface to play other synth apps via MIDI
◦ Different articulations from soft to plucked to hardly slapped
◦ Natural interaction
◦ Shaker mode
◦ Individual voices for each finger
◦ Extend your ways of expression as a percussionist, guitarist, pianist or other musician
◦ 9 transposable pad layouts with different tonalities from easy to complex
◦ Record and share what you play via EMail, SoundCloud or AudioCopy
◦ Audiobus support: Now you can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information.
Follow orphinio & Orphion on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/orphion
or Twitter: https://twitter.com/OrphionApp
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Cool like its bigger bro Orphion...
...but if you are sporting an iPhone 5 or screen just as small as I am using and coming from an iPad, you will notice the room limitations. But like everything else, even the larger and more customisable Orphion, you learn that certain sides of your fingers, knuckles, palms etc, will still work to achieve desired sounds with adjustments. My interest is not so heavy on the rhythm/ guitar aspect as much as percussion but for some reason I do get better results with lets say (plucking) on the phone, Also (and this is a device thing) IMO without earphones the iPhone provides a better sound quality. I have major sound problems anyway with my iPad retina so this could just be my own device issue.
I really love both of these apps and you can create some great soundscapes with both without being a musician but by being exposed to the notes and experimenting, a beginner will pick up on notes and achieve at least a rudimentary understanding. Both apps from this developer are so unique plus he does answer emails.
Def well worth the price and much more.
Really cool app, even though the iPhone doesn't have much real estate to work with. It would be nice to have a way to edit the layouts or maybe download some more, so that you could set up a specific song or chain of songs.
I love it!!! All the sounds, it's like making a song!